Anyone get uniform/regence to cover vsg?

Wirick27
on 2/19/12 7:41 am
I have uniform insurance administered by regence blue shield. I know the website says it covers band or rny, but my surgeons office says some insurances will make acceptions and cover the sleeve. Has anyone had any luck getting uniform to cover their sleeve?
moonglo82
on 2/19/12 8:15 am
VSG on 03/29/12
No advice, but I just wanted to say good luck. If the surgeon's office says they may cover it, trying is definitely worth a shot, since they are the people who work with insurance every day.

If they decline at first, don't be afraid to appeal or look into self pay options.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Wirick27
on 2/19/12 8:20 am
Thanks!
julieb1256
on 4/5/12 2:33 pm - WA
RNY on 07/31/12
 This may be too little, too late, but I have Uniform Medical through Regence and just completed hurdles one and two.  That means I have been accepted into case management and now need to work with the Accomplish nutrition service to lose 5% of my weight before they refer me to a "center of excellence".  The case manager indicated that they only pay for lb or gbp.  These people are by the book, so I wouldn't think you could get them to cover anything that isn't in their booklet!!

Good luck in your journey!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views