Thursday is THE day!

SaraH128
on 2/27/12 12:42 am - NC
VSG on 03/01/12
This Thursday is my surgery day!

It's been an extremely long and complicated process to get where I am now! I feel as if the hard part is coming to a close and the exciting part is about to start. It's going to be tough, I don't doubt that but I KNOW the results will be worth it.

I'm not 100% keen on my surgeon. His bedside manner sucks but I have complete faith in his abilities as a surgeon. The visits that I had with him in the office were a little aggravating but I guess what matters most is his ability to perform the surgery.

The people I met at the hospital where it's being done are wonderful! I had my pre-op appointment on Friday and got a lot more explanation on how things were going to go once I go in on Thursday.

To say that I"m nervous is an understatement! I'm young and relatively healthy so I've not had much experience with being in the hospital. I'm nervous about being put under and have had some major anxiety about it. (Dreams about not waking up, etc) The closer it gets the more I am coming to peace with it though. :)

Time to get my skinny on!! Here goes nothing!!! :)

misty Y.
on 2/27/12 12:57 am - CA
yay!! congratulations on taking this step to a healthier you!!! Everything will be great, no worries!! Its not an easy way out but its well worth it! Just stick to your Drs instructions and everything will go well! read lots of blogs,since this process is challenging....reading others journeys will help you feel better about some of the ups and downs we all go through!! The weight loss can be smaller than we think it should be at times and there are stalls for a lot of people where there is no loss for sometimes weeks at a time even as early as 2 months out!! There are emotional ups and downs some go thru as well so it really helps to read others journeys!! Good luck in your journey....blog and take pics at least once a month, it helps YOU see your progress!!!
1london
on 2/27/12 3:39 am
First I have to say I am so happy for you!  You are going to make a healthy change for your life at a young age, and that in itself is so important and admirable!!
I know the thought of going under may seem frightening, but try to replace that fear with the excitement of what your future will entail..............a NEW FABULOUS YOU!!!
I cannot tell you how happy I am that I did this, it truly is the best decision I have ever made for myself.
I feel great, I went from a size 24 pants and 4X shirt to a size 12/14 pant and a L/XL shirt and I am still going!
I enjoy exercise for the first time and I can see the fruits of my labor. :)    ( I work out 6-7 days a week and have since being sleeved)
I wish you a safe surgery and a speedy recovery, but you are in for a wonderful transformation.....all you have to do is stick to plan, exercise and enjoy your new life! :)
Best wishes!!!