Here I go ..... again

Centexcat
on 3/5/12 3:30 am
I had surgery on 2/23/12 to get the rny - was not able to get it due to scarring and adhesions so my civilian doc referred me to a military hospital that will do the sleeve - I finally heard back from them and am starting the process with them to have the sleeve - which is what I really wanted to begin with but nobody told me that the military hospitals would do them until they were not able to do the rny - anyway - looks like they will take most of the stuff from my other surgery - which is good because they are 3 hrs from me - and the other things I need to have done I can have done at the military hospital near where I live and sent down there - cross your fingers for me - am shooting for surgery in first part of June when my husband will be off for the summer.... 
 If you are neutral in situations of injustice you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~ Desmond Tutu    
Lexi2012
on 3/5/12 5:41 am
VSG on 06/13/12
 fingers crossed  
Lexi         
grisaille
on 3/5/12 9:31 am - NC
I went under anesthesia 2/23 expecting to wake up with a full DS but instead had a sleeve. The sleeve was my surgeon's initial recommendation as I take a couple of pysch and heart meds that he felt would be easiest managed by a sleeve but MEdicare doesn't pay for the sleeve. The reason for getting just the sleeve was due to all the scar tissue and adhesions found when they went in and it was too dangerous to do the DS. Now I get to see what will happen with insurance.

Wishing you the best of luck - as you can see I am losing well on the sleeve and am determined to ROCK this VSG.

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 310 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 358 views