Been a while...Drink question...

jovi_34
on 3/14/12 8:08 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Hello my fellow sleevers!!

I read, just don't post much. I see lots of wonderful success!! I finally broke a 3 week stall!! Woot-woot!

Anywho, I was just wondering when did you coffee drinkers go back to regular coffee? I switched to decaf after the surgery, but want to go back to regular. Also alcohol. When was the first taste of alcohol. I would love a glass of wine, but haven't touched any in a long time. I go for my 6 mth. next month!!

Thanks!!
Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

Paul5678
on 3/14/12 8:42 am - United Kingdom
I started drinking very milky coffee at about 3 months out, and built up from there.
2 years+ postop and still haven't touched alcohol, just a waste of calories, and a lot of calories at that!  Other people have found that a little drink has a big effect, so be careful until you know how it affects you... 
jovi_34
on 3/14/12 10:52 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Thanks for your reply. It doesn't bother me not to drink, just in case we went to a restaurant for wine, but I will try it at home first!! And yes a waste of calories...lol

newme2011-2012
on 3/14/12 9:14 am
I was back to reg. coffee about 7 weeks out. And had some wine at 3mo. out. Alcohol doesn't affect me any different then before.. Just make sure you try it at home the first time you have it incase it does for you.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

jovi_34
on 3/14/12 10:53 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Nice. I think I will return to my strong coffee!! Before surgery I wasn't much a coffee drinker, but now for some reason thats my drink!! And most def. will try the wine at home first :)

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!! 

SouthernmostStar
on 3/14/12 11:31 am
VSG on 01/25/12
I was never a coffee drinker, but a cup of strong black tea in the morning served as my caffeine kick.

Oddly, post-op I've sort of fallen out of the 30 year habit.  Sometimes I remember to make it or pick up a cup of tea on my way to work, but most days I don't.

At some point in the day I usually enjoy a cup of green tea, but that's it.

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

msopen
on 3/15/12 1:40 am - KY
I still drink decaf coffee, sometimes i might have a nonfat mocha though! Ive also had a taste of wine, and a lil bit of alcohol. I'll be 7months out n 2 days! Good luck with your journey, have a good one!

jovi_34
on 3/15/12 4:06 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
I haven't had any wine at all. Sometimes I want it after taking care of my 2 yr. old in his terrible 2's! LOL But for real I really crave regular coffee & I think I might try it. I love my coffee strong. Yes girly a nonfat mocha is sooo good, on an occasion :)

Thanks & good luck with yours too!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views