...and so it begins.

ChristiS1985
on 3/19/12 12:27 am - TN
So technically I dont have to start my all liquid diet till March 25th but I decided to go ahead and start replacing two meals a day with protein shakes and then a super healthy low fat/cal/carb dinner. Im also drinking my water like im supposed to. I figure every little bit of wieght I can lose before the surgery the easier my recovery will be. Last night I had my "last supper". It consisted of sweet tea, hotdogs, and tater tots. It was delicious to say the least. I thought maybe I would wake up this morning and be sad but honestly I woke up in a great mood and ready to start my new life. Im not looking at this as a diet. This is a complete lifestyle change for me. Everything I do is centered around food so changing my habits and even my social life is going to be a long hard journey. But I know I can do it...and I will. Bring it haha! ;)  
onemoretry
on 3/19/12 12:40 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Way to go Christi! We will be right here in your corner to cheer you on all the way.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

ChristiS1985
on 3/19/12 12:44 am - TN
Thank you very much! Hugs! :)
felicity2u
on 3/19/12 12:55 am - LA
You have the right attitude and like I tell everyone, this journey we are all going through is 99% mental and 1% physical.  You have to want it and it sounds like you are ready.  Keep it up and you will achieve your goals.  By this time next year, you will be a new woman! Keep us posted!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Everchanging
on 3/19/12 12:56 am - NY
VSG on 03/13/12
 You totally can do it,I'm so happy for you.I'm here to support you in anyway that i can.The two shakes and a meal is not as bad.When i had to do it ,The only issue i had was by day four i had a killer headache and i think that was due to cabs withdraw....IM cheering you on.

I'm on a Everchanging journey.       

phatdivabbw
on 3/19/12 1:36 am - NJ
I am so excited for you! You can do it!

Smooches

momsy55
on 3/19/12 1:59 am - ME
  Good for you - keep it up!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

jaded123
on 3/19/12 2:04 am - MD
Excellent!!
My surgeon didn't require a pre-op diet, other than 24 hours of liquid the day before.  But 2-3 weeks before surgery, I started a strict, low carb, high protein diet and lost 15 lbs.  I wanted to get a head start, and also shrink my liver.  I think it got me off to a good start :)  
And I avoided that last supper thinking and didn't gain a bunch of weight beforehand :)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

ChristiS1985
on 3/19/12 2:42 am - TN
Thank you all for the wonderful and positive comments. It means a lot! You guys rock! :)
kylovebug
on 3/19/12 3:44 am
Wonderful! When is your surgery date?
Most Active