Still not up to par? Is this normal?

sparkles4me
on 3/19/12 2:20 pm - PA
VSG on 03/06/12
I had my sleeve on March 6th.  Up until 10 days I felt "yucky", then started to pick up ... but I now seem to have a good day... then the next Im really tired... today I slept in the afternoon and felt nauseous much of the day.... is this normal while you are "adjusting"?  I see my Doc. in a day... or so... Im a little anxious about it...  Did anyone else have this experience?  Thanks for any post op input...
sparkles4me     
tall_not_venti
on 3/19/12 2:26 pm
VSG on 02/23/12
I am 11 days further out, and still battling fatigue some days. I think it's supposed to normalize soon, but many vets say it takes 6-8 Weeks to feel like yourself again.
happymom80
on 3/19/12 2:36 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
I was the day before you. I have a good day and then a not so great day. Today my incision site was sore...like achey...and u was nauseous too...I haven't been foe several days. I was kind of taken aback that i felt so poorly today ...but I think it's pretty normal. I see my doc on Thursday...that quill be reassuring.

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

Tracasa
on 3/19/12 2:37 pm
Sorry your feeling this way but Iam going to be honest I was like this until Febuary all my labs were ok but I wasn`t. Another sleever let me know it can take months and for me it did. Make sure you tell your Doctor and have labs done.

acochr2
on 3/19/12 2:40 pm
 I'm not sure which I'd rather since day 4 I haven't felt bad and now at day 11 I feel absolutely normal. Energy, no pain, getting in almost all my water/protein but I haven't lost a single pound since surgery. It's really frustrating and maybe if I felt like crap I wouldn't think about it allllllll day.
sparkles4me
on 3/19/12 2:50 pm - PA
VSG on 03/06/12
Ok.. so looks like Im not ABnormal...   some people I know do not go through this... but obviously some do.  Im glad to know.. and now dont feel so bad. I really hate nausea though.  thanks for sharing your experience. 
sparkles4me     
gmb87
on 3/19/12 9:36 pm - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
I didn't really feel right after surgery until 4 to 5 weeks out. Low energy was one factor, just the effort of moving wasn't a lot of fun. I spent a lot of time in the arm chair just doing liquids and not a lot else. I am 10 weeks out, and have felt really good since week 6. Maybe just my systems responses, but not everyone recovers the same. It will and does get bettter and when you are back to "normal" you will wonder why you waited so long.
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
grisaille
on 3/19/12 9:56 pm - NC
Oh yes, I'm a little ahead of you and atill feel a need for an occasional nap - it is actually overwhelming to me to get in all the protein and liquids. And I had gotten over nausea completely until I went on soft foods at the 3 week point and now I battle it.

Keep up the good work and your body will adjust.

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
LaughingCow
on 3/20/12 3:48 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
That's the way it was for me.  I had my sleeve 2/1. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views