HELP me ID this protein

Could_It_Be
on 3/22/12 7:37 am
 I found a clear plastic pouch with red protein syrup in it. 

Someone gave me this at my support group meeting ages ago and I have no idea what it is.

It's "Tropical" flavor, syrupey that you add to water. I am pretty sure she orders it online and also orders some type of hot chocolate with protein.

Any ideas what brand or how much protein this might contain????

THANKS!

VSG on 6/22/11
TheBiscuit
on 3/22/12 7:46 am - TX
 Hm. I tried my best to hunt it down in google, but no results. Every single fruity-flavored liquid protein syrup/gel I have ever come across is bad news, though. They contain an incomplete form of protein which contributes nothing to your protein goal for the day. They end up being empty calories that taste awful. Being that you can't specifically identify this one, I would just steer clear of it altogether. 

This applies to any "protein shots" you see advertised, also. The protein you want to avoid is called collagen protein, which is the primary ingredient in these items. 
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Could_It_Be
on 3/22/12 8:04 am
 Thanks Biscuit! I couldn't find it either and I generally don't use these because of the collagen proteins. I already drank it but will just not count it towards my daily protein goal since I have no clue what's in it.

Sounds shady, huh??

VSG on 6/22/11
teenuh
on 3/22/12 9:33 am - Canada
 Protidiet?
sounds like the ones i've seen from them

http://www.proteinshop.com/protidiet-products-206.html 

they have hot chocolate, juice, pancakes, etc etc etc....

HW:369lbs  SW: 296.4lbs CW: 201lbs GW: 180
Surgery: VSG  Date: January 9, 2013
M1 - 24lbs M2 - 11lbs M3- 13.6lbs M4 -13.4lbs m5 -12lbs m6 -12lbs m7- 7lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views