any surgery people from 3/23 on here

Dallaswyatt
on 3/27/12 8:02 am - CA
I am curious to see how some of you are feeling, cause i feel like i got hit with a mack truck....no joke...i am having this tightening in my chest that wont go away, kind of like a pressure, it helps with an ice pack and drugs but i am trying to avoid pain meds today , still am not able to drink much of anything except a popsicle here and there...
jennygalthin n
on 3/27/12 8:13 am
im feeling great had surgery on 3/23 fly back to tn on saturday
im scared im feeling too good just stomach pain every now and again no nausea no vomiting
hope you get to feeling better soon have you contacted your doctor

Dallaswyatt
on 3/27/12 8:15 am - CA
yes, i spoke to him yesterday and he said it is normal because of all the swelling, i guess some people heal faster than others. He said as long as i am not throwing up then keep sipping...
firefly2000
on 3/27/12 8:26 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 I was sleeved 3 days before you, and believe me when I say that you will start to feel better real soon!

The pressure feeling your having, I had it too! Mine was not as bad as yours, as I didn't need to take any pain meds since leaving the hospital. But trust... it will go away, and if it doesn't....call your Dr.

Did you have any other things done during surgery? (hernia repair, gall bladder removed?) That can cause extra pain/healing time.

What about a PPI? I take Prevacid everyday as recommended by my Dr. The pressure could be trapped gas. Also, it is good to walk, even if it's up and down your hallway. 

Most important!......sip, sip, sip, then sip some more! You don't want to wind up back in the hospital for dehydration!

Hang in there!
Follow up with your surgeon!
Lesley

cmp067
on 3/27/12 10:25 am
VSG on 03/23/12
I was sleeved on the 23rd and have the same pressure feeling. I also have a lot of pain in and around the large incision where the stomach was pulled out. I am able to drink fluids and have not had any nausea. Everyone is different. If you had a haital hernia repair (I did), they told me I would feel more chest discomfort from that. Good luck, hope you're feeling better soon.

Original VSG 3/23/2012 - Revision/Resleeve 1/6/2017

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views