Stuck at 280!!!!

Jack_Fabulous
on 4/11/12 3:16 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
I have been stuck at 280 pounds for the last three weeks. I blame myself for this because I have not made the best food choices. I want to break this barrier and drop down to 260 pounds by the end of the month. It is hard to believe that it will only be eight weeks this Thursday since my surgery. It seems that I have been living like this for a bit longer because of the unbelievable journey I have been on. For the first four weeks I was struggling and eating liquids and soft foods. I’ve only been on solid foods for about three weeks. I have been unsuccessful at losing weight on the solid foods so I have decided that I need to go back to basics. Against the advice of my surgeon, I will use protein shakes and pureed foods from Blossom Foods to supplement my meals. The way I figure it, I will have a protein breakfast (turkey sausage), a frozen pureed item for lunch, a protein shake for snack, and a measured dinner. Altogether, I am shooting for less than 1,000 calories per day.   Now that my back is feeling better, I have started walking on the treadmill for 30 min a day. I plan to increase that to 45 min a day and also increase the intensity. The exercise is meant to increase my metabolism so that I can burn my calories faster.   I told myself that after I was allowed back on solid foods, I went crazy and experimented with portion sizes and food choices. That stops now. I am just as motivated now as I was at the start of this journey. I forgive myself for the food choices and experimentation that went on but now it is time to get back to business. I did not make a major life change only to remain overweight. I will not be totally satisfied until I reach my personal goal of 175 pounds. I need to stay motivated and focused. Failure is not an option.

Marabell
on 4/11/12 3:21 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
sounds like you know what you need to do...get back on track and you will reach your goal.

good luck....YOU CAN DO THIS

Shagdoll
on 4/11/12 4:34 pm
We are here to help you stay focus & motivated. I know this board has helped me tremendously to stay on track. I see so many successful people on here & I want the same for me. We can do this!
theshrinkingmimi
on 4/12/12 2:21 am
Well, I least you are not calling it a stall.  It is due to your choices, which should be empowering. You have a say.  And you are ready to get it done. One good day at a time.  You got this.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views