1 mth post op feeling like my weight loss isn't enough

bestillkc
on 4/11/12 2:27 pm - MI
VSG on 03/12/12

is this a normal feeling to have?  I have lost 32 pounds.  32 pounds is a LOT I know....

but for some reason (maybe because of the 3 and 4 week weight loss stall) I feel like it should be more....

that's crazy right?

i haven't been able to get to this current weight on my own in over a year with any diet...so it is a small victory, i just feel like i should be faster. 

nuts?

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight charts
Shagdoll
on 4/11/12 2:32 pm
"Carpe That F***ing Diem".... I love that!!!!

32 pounds in 1 month post-op or was some of that weight loss pre-op?
I only lost 18 pounds post-up and then hit a stall in my 3rd week but I lost 19 pounds pre-op.
Either way gurl, I think you are doing awesome! You are only 1 month out. Imagine where you will be at 3 months, 6 months? Try to be patient gurl, you will get there!
bestillkc
on 4/11/12 2:53 pm - MI
VSG on 03/12/12
i lost 9 pounds in the 2 week liquid fast pre-op. 

i know it's good i think that stall has messed with my brain. 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight charts
Allie A.
on 4/11/12 2:59 pm - Canada
I had my surgery a month before you, and after the first 30lbs things have slowed to a crawl. I feel like its not enough. I'm worried that I'm wasting precious time. But I guess it's a personal thing, and everyone is different.
Jack_Fabulous
on 4/11/12 3:21 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
I feel exctly the same way at 2 months out and "only" 52 lbs lost!!!

gamom135
on 4/11/12 11:04 pm - Middle GA, GA
Try not to worry.  I went through this same thing my first month.  I had "only" lost about twenty pounds.  When you hit about six weeks out and can get all your protein and fluids in, the weight will really start to drop.  I was very discouraged after the first month, but I promise, it will get better!

BellaLaw
on 4/11/12 11:58 pm - GA
VSG on 03/12/12
I lost 14lbs preop and 20 postop. I am 4 weeks out as of this past Monday. 18lbs of the postop was lost in the 6 days after surgery. I stalled for over 2 weeks. Last week I lost 2 lbs and I owe that to myfitnesspal. I started logging everything and saw my sodium was over 2000. I saw my doctor Tuesday and he asked about my calorie intake. I've only been getting around 450 calories. He said that is a reason for my stall. I should be getting between 700 to 800 protein calories. Its a balancing act until we work out the kinks. After the learning curve wd should see a good drop in the next 4 weeks. Stay positive!

Most Active