plain greek yogurt not your thing?

islandjake
on 4/15/12 7:16 am - HI
VSG on 04/03/12
 I had never tried plain greek yogurt until I was post op, and I gotta say, its not exactly yummy. compared to yogurts of other flavors, its near the bottom of my list. But if you get any other flavor, the calories and carbs jump seemingly exponentially.

I am not sure if anyone knew this, but I didnt until today. The syrups used by starbucks and other coffee houses come in sugar free form. So I went hunting and found Torani sugar free syrups. Most of them, zero calories, some have 1 gram of carbs, most have zero carbs as well. 

I bought the black cherry and put a little quarter ounce spritz into my plain yogurt...WHAMMO! awesome black cherry greek yogurt, no additional calories!!!!
Healthier2011
on 4/15/12 7:33 am
Plain greek yogurt makes a good dip when you mix with Hidden Valley dip mix. 

Also did you know that Starbucks will sell you their syrups?  It's around $8. a bottle.  (and it's a big bottle).

islandjake
on 4/15/12 7:43 am - HI
VSG on 04/03/12
 hmm I will have to file that one away for future use! 
friendlyfire
on 4/15/12 7:42 am
VSG on 03/12/12
Thanks for that. I've been meaning to try the Torani syrups. The thing I do is add some SF lime jello powder to my plain Greek yogurt. It tastes great to me. I'm sure you could do that with other SF jello flavors as well. Use whatever works. :)
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.? Philippians 4:13 (NIV)          
JV_ladybug
on 4/15/12 7:53 am - San Antonio, TX
VSG on 04/10/12
 I LOVE plain Greek yogurt! My favorite is Chobani (I always get the large carton). If I just want yogurt by itself, I put a little splenda or stevia in there. It tastes great! However, when I was eating real food pre-op, I used it in chili (I used to like putting sour cream in my chili) and on fajita tacos (again, in lieu of sour cream). It tastes just like sour cream, except it's packed with protein. 

Starting: 284. Op Day: 264. Current: 185.80. Goal: 180.
Main goal: To be able to take the "morbidly" out.
BethR311
on 4/15/12 7:57 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I hit it with sugar free strawberry jam, and stevia. It sure is an acquired taste, and a slider for me, but a great option for mushies.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
wanttobehalfofme
on 4/16/12 5:09 am - MI
On April 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM Pacific Time, BethR311 wrote:
I hit it with sugar free strawberry jam, and stevia. It sure is an acquired taste, and a slider for me, but a great option for mushies.
My nut encourages us to eat greek yogurt for the high protein especially in the mushie stage and afterwards but I can't stand eating it.
Nikkal
on 4/15/12 8:06 am
VSG on 07/18/13
 I love it with Torani or DaVinci SF syrup - got the idea from Eggface and have been doing it ever since.
Eva870
on 4/15/12 8:17 am - NY
I also put  protein power in it any flavor it tates so good
Ms Shell
on 4/15/12 8:21 am - Hawthorne, CA
The other day I added a little sf pudding mix with a little syrup and WHAMMO it was like a mousse or something!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views