Protein to Go shots?

Could_It_Be
on 4/17/12 7:08 am
 Has anyone used these? I saw a groupon for them and am curious. I can't seem to find what *KIND* of protein they are as I've heard whey is better than collagen.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

VSG on 6/22/11
emelar
on 4/17/12 7:40 am - TX
Ingredients:  Deionized water, proprietary protein blend of [enzymatically hydrolyzed (predigested) collagenic protein isolate, whey protein isolate (milk) and casein protein isolate (milk)], malic acid, natural flavors, acesulfame-potassium, red #40, sucralose

The problem with all these shots is that they don't tell you how much of the different kinds of protein they contain.  Whey and casein protein isolate are good.  Collagen is skin - think pork rinds.  Collagen-based protein can't be counted toward our protein goals.  It's great for your skin and nails, but lacks essential amino acids that are needed to break it down and be used by our bodies as protein.

My assumption from the label is that these shots are MOSTLY collagen, with enough whey and casein thrown in to stay out of trouble with the FDA.  So you really have no idea how much usable protein you're getting.  Stay away from them if you can.
Could_It_Be
on 4/17/12 7:49 am
 Thanks so much EMELAR!!!

VSG on 6/22/11
hollykim
on 4/17/12 8:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
not good first ingredient is collagen...so I'd pass on them

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/12 11:23 pm
My NUT said NO. I tried it anyway, found it to by YUCKY!
Could_It_Be
on 4/18/12 2:43 am
 thanks Holly and Shell!

I'm going to pass on them!

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op