Is my guilt a curse or a tool?

Mrs.Nichole
on 4/19/12 2:25 am - OK
VSG on 03/20/12
I'm just wondering, if anybody else feels guilty when they eat certain things. I know I was allowed to eat mashed potatoes on the soft faze, but felt so guilty I couldn't make myself do it. I feel guilty eating anything with carbs and beat myself up over it. I'm not sure if this is going to help me in the future or hurt me. I definitely do not want to succumb to an eating disorder. Any advise at all will be greatly appreciated. 

HW*260  Day of Surgery *247    CW*140

newme2011-2012
on 4/19/12 3:53 am
Not one speck of guilt.. When I had this surgery I decided I have spent too many years feeling guilty and beating myself up.
Calling foods "good" or "bad" . Not anymore!!
I Prefer to call things I have a treat and enjoy it. I don't have it often. I stick to my plan and feel just fine whenI have something NOT on plan.. No guilt , no self loathing..
Life is too short. I have wasted too many years doing that.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

INgirl
on 4/19/12 4:18 am
Years ago I took the moral weight off of food.. it has none. Food is just varying degrees of healthy or not so much, tasty or not so much, and good/better/best.. not so good/poor choices. The black & white thinking of good or bad got me into some pretty low places till I realized I was allowing FOOD to impact my emotions way to much. If I choose to have something that is not so good nutritionally, I do so understanding that.. and I enjoy it, and I move on. No make-ups, no self-imposed payback deprivation.. I just enjoy it and carry on. Granted, I have only indulged very very rarely during the loss phase.. but yes, if someone makes an outstanding dessert, I have a bite or two with no guilt.. not a slice, but a taste as that's all I want. This is what works for me, but I have come to understand that most foods do not call to me, and most don't trigger me to eat more.. but I was always a huge quantity eater with a bottomless pit. If eating something sent me out of control along a path that I couldn't back away from, that food would not be eaten.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views