Anxiety!!

Nadurra Deb
on 4/21/12 10:44 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
...and I have about 5 more months to go before surgery. What do I do with this anxiety? It's like my brain is on overdrive making it hard to sleep. I am questioning everything. Have I lost my mind already?

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

lucy2e
on 4/21/12 11:35 pm - Laurel, MD
 I was very lucky - didn't worry till I got my date then nerves went into overdrive!  Try to just relax and breathe, don't over think it, focus on today.  If all else fails, visit a therapist - they can help you get through this.

You really want to be "fighting fit" both mentally and physically so you will be able to maximize your loss during your "honeymoon" phase - the first 6 months.

Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

PrettyEyes_41
on 4/21/12 11:37 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I'm still waiting for insurance approval and what I find that helps me is sit at the computer with a notepad and read all the posts that I can here and jot down little notes of things that I think are important or will help me during the process if and when I get approved.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

moonglo82
on 4/22/12 12:09 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I agree with Gale. I found that the more informed I felt, the better I could calm my nerves, especially early out. Researching the things that were making me nervous by searing here and doing google searches was a great source of comfort. I also tried to keep myself as busy as possible (not always a challenge, since I work full time and am a full time grad student). Spend as much time with people who make you smile as you can. It's amazingly soothing to keep laughing.

The next five months will fly by, I promise. I didn't believe it either when people told me that, but boy were they right lol. You can do this!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Nadurra Deb
on 4/22/12 1:11 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Thanks for all of the encouragement and ideas for coping. I am an information junky. So I have already been printing the threads that I think will be helpful post-op and putting them in a file. I know I won't remember the great information that pops up here.I think I need to find local support groups too so I have people to talk to that can relate. I love my family and they are very supportive but they don't always "get it."

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views