Alternative to 5 protein shakes a day - protein ice cream!

Somayeh
on 4/23/12 5:49 pm - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
Hey Gang,

I just wanted to post a shout-out saying THANK YOU to those of you who have posted links to wls blogs, recipes, etc, for us "newbies." Research is one thing. Eating right day in and day out is another. My doc doesn't have me on any kind of liquid diet before surgery, but he does want me to eat high protein, low carb and PLENTY of liquids for 2 weeks pre-op to shrink my liver. I started a few days early and I am already sick of the taste of my protein powder + water (am shopping for others to experiment with). I love protein shakes, but making them 3-5 times a day is turning my kitchen counter into a hot mess. (I am messy.) THEN, I saw some threads on OH (like a bunch) linking the following resource: 

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/02/protein-ice- cream-101.html 

I love - love - cold foods. I am also a big "cook it now and freeze it for later" kind of girl, so the idea of making a couple of batches of essentially protein shakes and freezing them for later is the perfect answer to my lazy "I don't want to clean that blender again" woes. 

Newbies, take note! So many awesome resources on OH if you just use the search function!

Thanks,
Somayeh

Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
fireman441
on 4/23/12 8:50 pm - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 you may love cold food now ,but you will find that warm or hot food will go down better for you after you are sleeve,best of luck..bruce

Jackie00
on 4/23/12 9:18 pm
I love this website of eggface, definitely wish I had her skills.
momsy55
on 4/23/12 10:34 pm - ME
I found Pure Protein shakes when I was pre-op.  They come in cans shaped like bottles with a twist off top, so no mixing, no mess.  I could only find chocolate and vanilla in the stores, with 23g protein.  But at the Pure Protein website, they have several other flavors and a line with 35g of protein.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

jbeanrn
on 4/24/12 8:55 am
check the label on the pure protein..the protein is not the recommended whey protein isolate-the best absorbed by the body on a cellular level. check with your doc or nutritionist.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views