Freaked OUT!

Kathy C.
on 4/29/12 1:18 pm - GA
VSG on 03/12/12
Tomorrow is 7 weeks since my VSG.  I have only lost about 18 to 20 lbs.  The scales have not moved for 2 1/2 weeks.  I am following my plan, but having difficulty finding the balance still.  It's either the protien or the liguids--it's hard to reach goal on both in one day because of the restriction (?) and most things (water, protien shakes, my meals, fluids, yogurt) now make me gag by the time I get to the end of the serving.  I'm just sort of forcing things downs because it meets my requirements -- but don't really enjoy anything...maybe this is a good thing....

I know I need to ramp of the exercise--just walking is not going to get it.  I've gone down 2 sizes, but I want to get under 200 lbs!  I'm so envious of those who have 30-35 lbs during this time!  I worry everyday "is this going to work for me like it has for so many others??  Did I do all of this for nothing??"  I just am so anxious to SEE the results and for the scale to move down!

I have started to consider changing jobs and everyday I start thinking in a different direction.  I think I am just going through so many changes in my head that I don't know WHAT I want!! 

Thanks for participating in this rant...lol

ThinTrish80
on 4/29/12 1:29 pm
 I wouldn't be quite so worried if I were you. First, your start weight wasn't super high. It seems to be that those who have lots more to lose, are the ones that lose the big numbers in the beginning.Plus, you ARE losing. 18-20 pounds in seven weeks is great. Do you think that would have happened had you not had surgery. Probably not. I have to remind myself of that. If I hadn't had surgery, I know I'd still be sitting right where I started. Also, it's totally normal to hit stalls. Just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off. I will say that the weeks I exercise more and with higher intensity, I always lose more weight. Good luck! :)
conicuts
on 4/29/12 9:01 pm
VSG on 03/23/12
Not sure if you are keeping check on your carb count but that is what stalled me the last 2 weeks. Now I am keeping them at 20g a day or under and the scale is moving again.
  I'm 5'3" and 54 yrs. old... HW-397 SW-346 CW-282 GW-160

My Facebook ~ Cut by Connie ~ Bee Happy Designs ~ My Weight Loss Journey ~ My Pinterest ~ YouTube

Stayce
on 4/29/12 9:24 pm
VSG on 03/28/12
 I have been in a stall for 2 weeks now too. Do not get discouraged, it's normal for a stall. My Surgeon told me look at how much weight you have already lost, your body is still adjusting to your sleeve and to the weight that has already been lost.

Keep the faith and hang in there!
 Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
gloria P.
on 4/30/12 12:49 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
I lost 50 pounds in 3 mo and 1 week. stalled for three weeks.1) I was using a food and calorie journal and I kept looking back at it and that is the one thing that kept me from freaking out. so I'm going to suggest that. I use myfitnesspal. com and it works. I actually use the app from my smart phone. I eat around 600 calories a day and my scales didn't move but I didn't freak out because of the food journal. use it and be faithful to it like nothing else.

2) I tried the raspberry ketones and started losing again. 11 pounds in 2 weeks. good luck
Kathy C.
on 4/30/12 5:51 am - GA
VSG on 03/12/12
 Raspberry ketones?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views