must be saturday night

sidneystuart
on 4/28/12 1:11 pm
must be saturday night and we are all home on our computers... for some reason tonight there r so many more stressful or negative postings than i am used to seeing... i wish i were out tonight, but i am not, i have 3 more days to go and felt a need to cocoon and drink enough to try and avoid my bad breath on people... i am just hoping this doesnt happen too often postop....
moonglo82
on 4/28/12 1:30 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Maybe I'm just tired... in fact, I'm sure that's the problem... but I'm not following you. What are you hoping doesn't happen post op?

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

sidneystuart
on 4/28/12 1:45 pm
that i am feeling like i cant go out due to dietary restrictions etc...

normally these posts are very invigorating and reassuring, but tonight there are more problems posted, i think probably because its saturday and we are all home bound.

not that we always need positive, learn lots from everyone, and i am grateful for every tidbit..
moonglo82
on 4/28/12 1:54 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
The not going out thing gets easier once you can get to soft foods.  I'm not sure what your eating plan will look like because everyone's is different depending on the doctor, but as hard as it was during the liquids for me to feel like I could go out, that all feels like it flew by now that it's past me.  It really will be gone before you know it.

There have been a larger amount of "problem" posts lately, but I think that has to do with the fact that there seems to be a lot more newly sleeved and preop peeps here lately than there were when I started coming here in January... but that's a good thing.  More to learn from :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

ruggie
on 4/29/12 2:44 am - Sacramento, CA
I actually go out quite a bit more now that I'm mobile, healthy, and fabulous.

I don't know about others, but I'm all over the place now.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

econtiff
on 4/28/12 3:09 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 I was sleeved Tuesday and went out to our neighborhood Relay for Life for an hour and a half tonight. Hubby was the food judge so I just got a bottled water, chatted, sipped and walked. I think this event was awesome since it was at night and cool so I could wear a loose dress. 

Point is do what you're comfortable with but do something so you don't get lonely and alienated. Even if you're just going to Starbucks sipping on some tea and reading a book, it'll keep your spirits higher. 

We are invited to a Memorial Day weekend with hubby's family and I'm scared of that. I'll be a month out but will only be on real food for a few days prior and it will be totally obvious I am eating like 2oz of food and chewing like crazy. Not sure if I will be ready to handle all those questions. 

rhearob
on 4/28/12 11:19 pm - TN
 Good Job!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

sidneystuart
on 4/29/12 1:09 am
thank you, reassuring, maybe if there are enough people around they wont notice anything but how good u look then:)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views