Bad reflux six weeks out...

Dallaswyatt
on 5/4/12 1:50 am - CA
Today i am six weeks out, I have been really miserable this week with what i think is reflux....The best way to explain it is that it feels as if i have swallowed an altoid and it is stuck in my throat....I have a continuous minty kind of slight burning in my throat all day...it is not relieved with protonix...i am on 20 mg twice a day and also taking tums....i previously had reflux but usually only when i would lay down, but as long as i would take pepcid it would go away...i know it takes a while for the ppi to start working but really...i have lost 30 lbs already, shouldnt the reflux be subsiding, or is it something else?
Boppie2012
on 5/4/12 2:06 am - Dunedin, FL
 I'm 16 days out and I also had a hernia repaired. I was using Pepcid with no relief and was put on 40 mg protonix. I feel like a different person since starting it last night. 
Kevin H.
on 5/4/12 3:25 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 do yourself a favor and throw the Tums in the trash.  The bottle of Maalox too like I did.  

While they both provide temporary relief of acid symptoms, your body can tell that the pH is off in your stomach and it will produce MORE acid to try and return it to homeostasis.  In essence, what your doing every time you take a Tums is tell your stomach to make more acid.  In the long run, your only making things worse.

Im on a new PPI called Dexilant DR 60mg.  1/day

I was taking Prilosec in the morning and Nexium at night I had acid so bad and it still wasn't helping.  This new medicine is great.  1 pill a day not 2 and it actually works where the others didnt.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views