Day 2 Sleeved by Dr Alvarez in Mexico

GRLNPHX
on 5/6/12 9:46 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I am doing really well. I'm surprised how well I feel but I'm expecting to get tired later this week. I've been able to keep up my liquids but I struggle with getting in a comfortable position to lay down or sit up.

I honestly don't think I could've asked for a better experience going through this. Dr. A was very hands on and very honest. He spent a lot of time insuring that we were doing well and had all of our questions answered.

The biggest thing that happened was having him tell me I had a gigantic stomach. He said it was bigger than the 300 lb man he operated on the day after me. He said for my size (5'3" 205) it was very surprising but it was very understandable why I couldn't lose weight-it's genetic.

I had to change my sign on after I had a privacy violation. Most of you will remember me as NCGRLNPHX.

tillmadd
on 5/6/12 11:33 am - WI
 My daughter is planning on going to Dr. A colleague I cannot think of his name...just wondering what hospital was your procedure done? Was it in Tijuana ? I am a bit nervous for her since my sleeve was done here in the states. Do you highly recommend your across the obrder experience? Just a panicked mom....Help!!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

LGEEZIE
on 5/6/12 1:09 pm - LA
VSG on 05/17/12 with
 Glad to hear your doing well.  I will be going to see Dr. a in two weeks.  Please keep us updated on how your progressing.  

Hotsauce
on 5/6/12 1:25 pm
Congrats on Dr A! He and his staff are simpley AMAZING!! I was sleeved on the 27th of April and doing well.  Enjoy the grape juice in the morning
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 5/7/12 3:25 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Dr. A told me the same thing.  Said my stomach was HUGE.  The larger incision on my left side was very sore (the only real pain I had) and took longes to heal.  It also stayed sore longer than the others.  Dr. A said that's because he took my huge stomach out of that hole and had to maneuver it around to not make the incision larger.  Made sense.  So if your left side incision is sore (and briused) don't be alarmed.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 424 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 444 views