Elina ~ Thanks for your soup recipe!

Somayeh
on 5/14/12 2:57 am - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
I would have posted this as a reply to one of the 100 posts about this soup already in existence, but I couldn't find a recent one, so I decided to ressurect the topic. I tried Elina's Green Chicken Soup recipe pre-op and it was a big hit with my partner & his family. I liked it, too. It was tasteful and filling. Today I tried it for the first time post-op (I'm 5 days out) and I find that I like it even MORE. It hits exactly the spot I need for a savory taste after a week of artificially sweetened juices and yogurts =D. Don't get me wrong, I love my SF food(s), but if you start to feel like you'd gnaw a live cow's hoof to get a little savory taste into your mouth, like I do, the soup does the trick. Yum! It's even going down better than my clear liquid juice atm.

Maharani like!

Somayeh
Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
slatond
on 5/14/12 3:19 am
Where do I find the recipe?
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/12 4:08 am
You can find it on my profile, just click under under my avatar.  Just look for the Green Chicken Soup recipe, you might also like the Middle Eastern version I have there as well.  I hope you like it.  Enjoy.
Jackie00
on 5/14/12 6:02 am
I looked for your middle eastern soup and it want on your profile, can you double check that? I seen it there before but was gone when I checked. I am still eating the green chicken one, I love it and made another one for work and told lots of people about it lol.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/12 6:17 am
Jackie, you are right, the Middle Eastern version of the soup has disappeared.  I did not take  it off, so I am at a loss of what could have happened to it.  Thankfully, I was able to find a version of it in my documents.  Here it is.

Magical Middle Eastern Soup

2              32oz cartons chicken broth (low-sodium)

3.3lbs    Boneless, skinless chicken breast meat (fat trimmed)

1              14.5oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes

1              15oz can garbanzo beans (drained)

½             Red bell pepper

½             Yellow bell pepper

½             Bunch fresh parsley

1              Medium yellow onion (diced)

1tsp       Olive Oil

4              Medium garlic cloves (crushed)

½             Lemon (squeezed)

2tsp       Kosher salt

1.5 tsp   Turmeric

1 tsp      Cumin

1/2tsp   Ground black pepper

In a large pot, pour-in the olive oil & diced onion and coo****il browned. Then add-in all other ingredients and coo****il it’s been boiling for at least about 10-15 minutes. Turn-off heat, and remove all the chicken pieces from pot. Set aside half of the cooked chicken to be eaten at another time. With the remaining chicken pieces, shred apart with pair of forks (if it’s cooked pretty thoroughly, this should be rather easy). Make sure that there are no large pieces, just stringy, shredded chicken. With an immersion blender, blend the soup (without chicken in it****il relatively smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a conventional blender – just be careful of blending hot soup, as it can spray out the top of the blender. After blending, add-in the shredded chicken and stir.  Garnish with a few sliced kalamata olives and sprinkle of fat-free crumbled feta . . . delicious!

If you like it spicier, you can add more black pepper, cumin, & turmeric. Enjoy!

Jackie00
on 5/14/12 7:03 am
Thanks, will try to get everything and make it up next when I have my containers emptied and room in the frrezer. Lol noticed for my breakfast today for work all my containers are in the freezer need to start eating all this extra food I have.
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Jackie00
on 5/14/12 7:05 am
oh yeah, do you have the calories worked out on this one, carbs etc?
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/12 7:25 am
I don't but the only big change is a bit more carbs and a few more calories because of the garbanzo beans, but it should still have great stats.  I am sure someone will figure it out soon and let us know. 
Evymetalmommy
on 5/14/12 3:28 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I cooked it last night and OMG.  I'm in love.  I used to make this pasta salad with chicken.  I swear this tastes soooo close to it without the pasta.  My fiancee and I are having it again for dinner tonight. 
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/12 4:11 am
I am so glad you liked it.  It has saved me more times than I can tell you.  It still works for me anytime I need to drop a few pounds.  I love the flavor and the texture is perfect for our tiny stomachs.  The stats on it are mind blowingly great.  Something like 8 grams of protein, 56 calories and two carbs per cup.  That can't really be beat! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views