slightly off track-pollen Rant!!

girlingarden1
on 5/14/12 12:43 pm - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 I HATE Pollen!!!  I know I am not the only one who suffers from allergies.  So this is for all of us who do.  After surgery my breathing got better(I have severe asthma and reactive airways).  Then thhe past week has been the worst for pollen.  Everything is green, you can see it blowing in the wind, it get stuck in your throat and I start coughing.  Yesterday was the worst.  When I cough sometimes I get hiccups, these buggers hurt and lasted all day.  My nose is stuffy and all the post nasal drip, I have no appetite, but a horrible case of heartburn.  Sorry for this rant, because it also means I can't get out for my walks, and because I can't breathe exercise is on the back burner.  Good news all I want to do is drink water to wa**** all away.  Thanks for reading.  Plus side down 54 pounds since January, and 38 from surgery on 2/27/12
Alison

Twizzled D.
on 5/14/12 12:51 pm
 The water will definitely help keep you hydrated & keep any congestion thin & loose - last thing you want on top of allergies is a sinus infection!!! The pollen really kicked up here, too, thankfully all I got were red eyes. This too, shall pass, & you'll be back in your routine ino time! :)
-Kristi

girlingarden1
on 5/15/12 6:37 am - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 Twizzled  How far north do you live?  I live in Southern NJ between Long Beach Island and Atlantic City.  yes in the pine barrens.  So with all the oaks and pine trees creating pollen its a sea of green around here.  I don't usually get sinus infections.  I go for the BIG stuff.  Upper respiratory coughing to vomitting (sorry TMI)
Alison

moonglo82
on 5/14/12 12:59 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I hate allergies! Can you take anything? My surgeon allows antihistamines.

Feel better soon!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

girlingarden1
on 5/15/12 6:32 am - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 moonglo. I can take alot of things unfortunatley they don't work for me.  I have tried every drug new, trial, and moldy oldies.  No relief.  When it comes to an overabundance of anything ex.  Dust, pollen, perfume, or cleaning products my asthma and reactive airways go into over drive.  Right now I have 2 inhalers that help some, but really trying to stay away from the prednisone as that was what started a lot of my weight issues. My family is very HAPPY I don't have much of a voice today.
Thanks for the replies.  I'll keep drinking and cranking the CPAP up to 4 for the moisture.
Alison

Twizzled D.
on 5/15/12 7:10 am, edited 5/15/12 7:11 am
 I'm i northeastern PA - above the Poconos. The pollen started very early here with the mild winter. I'm allergic to cherry blossom trees, so them blooming almost 3 weeks early was  not a welcome surprise. I just pretty much drink lots of water and use a saline OTC  nasal spray... it's working ok so far, even if my BF says my eyes look like I've been on a month-long bender. ;)
-Kristi

girlingarden1
on 5/15/12 7:59 am - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 LOL!! about the bender.  I just sound like I went to a bunch of concerts and sports events.  My family is enjoying the silence.  I used to live in Denville, NJ and worked in Marshall's Creek so I know up there.  All the other trees blooming really don't effect me, except when the oak and pine trees all go at once.  The mild winter has been a challenge with everything next is the mold and mildew from the rain today and the heat of the next few days.  I have a lot of flowers to get in the ground, and they won't plant them by themselves.
Alison

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views