Off Topic - Not all people are bad. (interesting story..)

Ashley O.
on 5/15/12 9:58 am
Most of my life I've been bullied. Figures. The fat chick in school. Whatever. I got over it eventually. Had surgery 3 days before my 16th birthday. things have gotten so much better..

This band, Paradise Fears, I met them at a concert back in february... I was like 4 or 5 months out from surgery.. Having medication issues.. I hadnt eaten at al that day, or drank nearly enough, had a drink of something I thought was sugar free, but it was really high in sugar, blood sugar spiked ridiculously,e tc... you get the point. it wasn't fun. I was miserable.

I had no clue who they were. at all. my friend i went with did, but I was there for a different band playing. (who I also met.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

Ashley O.
on 5/15/12 9:59 am, edited 5/14/12 9:59 pm

(it didnt show up D:)
Most of my life I've been bullied. Figures. The fat chick in school. Whatever. I got over it eventually. Had surgery 3 days before my 16th birthday. things have gotten so much better..

This band, Paradise Fears, I met them at a concert back in february... I was like 4 or 5 months out from surgery.. Having medication issues.. I hadnt eaten at al that day, or drank nearly enough, had a drink of something I thought was sugar free, but it was really high in sugar, blood sugar spiked ridiculously,e tc... you get the point. it wasn't fun. I was miserable.

I had no clue who they were. at all. my friend i went with did, but I was there for a different band playing. (who I also met. <3 amazing.)

Anyways. We met up with this band after the show. I had no clue what the guys names were, what instruments they played, at all. They aren't really that famous. They were the openers. from a small town in south dakota. Well I was sitting in the corner. my face was all red. i was miserable. just ignoring everyone. Sure enough, two of the guys there came up and started talking to me. just hanging out.

.... what? people used to avoid me because i looked like i was an angry, upset, overweight chick that was going to hurt them or eat them or something.

But we sat and talked for liek 2 hours.. I didn't know their names. anything.just talked about music and them touring and stuff like that. My friend was talking to a different guy in the band, whatever. It was cool though... For once in my life even though physically i was feeling miserable.. i wasn't being knocked down more on top of it..?

Things like this give me hope in people.. society.. whatever. I've been stuck around very negative people most my life. And since surgery, not just this band but i've met numerous other people.. (other bands, other people that had surgery, other people that really just don't give **** etc..) that arent negative. and are genuinley nice people.

I've really found out who my real friends are and what kind of peopel I want t osurround myself with.

Alright. Story over. But on a side note, this song is amazing.. if anyone wants to give it a listen.. it's really uplifting. the lyrics are amazing. I'm not a religious person. at all. but it can be seen that way, or not. these guys are truly amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdKu_J5ebMg

Alright. hope everyone is having a great day. goodbye(:
-ashley.

~

~

LancesMomma
on 5/15/12 10:20 am - OH
 I can not stand to be around negative people, and i have actually weeded out all the negative ppl in my life and i feel 100% better
Ashley O.
on 5/15/12 10:22 am
Same here. Well.. I can't weed out some of my family members... But other than that. Yeah. Haha.

~

~

Pat H.
on 5/15/12 11:35 am
Great post. Keep up the good work on yourself!

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views