SOON TO BE SLEEVE, WELL...NEAR

KeishaCoCoBolton
on 5/16/12 3:10 am - chicago, IL
 WELL  I HAVE DONE LITTLE RESEACH....AND I'M GOING WITH SLEEVE. OVA LAP BAND....MY FIRST DOCTOR APP...IS MAY 30TH ......WONDERING HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT?
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/12 3:24 am
VSG on 10/18/12
Hi, welcome, and congrats on your decision! You did mean you have done A LOT of research right, not little? I only ask because it is a big step and lifestyle change. What type of insurance do you have? Reason I ask is waiting periods vary based on this. Some require 3 or 6 months, some even longer.  If you have an hmo like I do, you will probably be required to take 3 dietary classed/nutritionist, pysch eval, and maybe a group session or two for support. Other testing varies as well, some require sleep apnea test some do not. I had done this process last summer, (didn't finish since my ins was canceled GR LOL) but I did then... 3 nutrionist classes, 2 group sessions, gallbladder Ultrasound, Upper GI, Cardiac clearance, and pre-op blood testing. Hope this helps you! And I just moved from Chi-town to Carpentersville ! My hospital is West lake though in Chicago. Good luck!
KeishaCoCoBolton
on 5/16/12 8:04 am - chicago, IL
 thanks for the reply!!! and yes i did alot of reseach, and still is.  And yes, i do have HMO....SO, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT IN CARPENTERVILLE?   IS IT LIKE THE WINDY CITY>  LOL... MY HOSPITAL IS WEST LAKE ALSO....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views