Huge NSV... not only for me, but my whole family.

Ashley O.
on 5/18/12 9:48 am

Well. long story short. my family used to eat super healthy.. (3 little siblings and parents). then my parents got divorced (a few years before i had surgery) most my family started eating less.. healthy.. and then less.. to the point it was almost discusting how often they were going out and picking up fast food... but i usually just ate at home or made something.. None of them would eat anything i made that was healthy so whatever. that's on them.

Well since surgery i've noticed mroe and more, my family eating healthy foods again.. my youngest brother who is 8 now eats salad with tomatos onions and he likes cucumbers.. he will eat almost anything in site... and when that stuff is healthy, even if he's enver tried it before, he'll try it.. and he loves it and always asks for more.. he had a bite of mango the other day for the first time and begged me to go to the store and get more.. he loves when i cook.. and this is happening with all of my brothers now...  the one that is closest in age to me (13) is overweight.. taller than me, but on a bmi scale he's on the borderline between overweight/obese ... and i've always weighed a lot more.. once he realized i now weigh less than him and how much healthier i'm looking, he's been working out more and trying to eat better too.. (and he drinks all the protein drinks i dont drink anymore.. he lieks them better than i did, because he's trying to buidl muscle... so money isn't being wasted either.) and they all also realized how insane their portion sizes have been.. (clearly they're not as small as mine now..) but they've learned what a normal portion size should be.

Success. HUGE success. I can't even believe it. Not only does it make it easier for me now that they're eating better, so i'm not tempted.. But they're getting healthier themselves. The two younger ones dont have anything physicaly wrong with them. but eating healthy is good for everyone..

This is awesome. Sorry. just felt the need to share. my youngest brother ate a piece of grilled chicken and salad that i made earlier with me just now instead of getting fast food like my dad was originally goign to get, and it made me realize how much my surgery hasn't only helped me but all of my little siblings. so i'm really happy. (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

EliseG
on 5/18/12 10:27 am - MA
That's a really great NSV. It makes me really happy to hear, and I hope my husband follows in the footsteps of your family

saraw79
on 5/18/12 10:45 am - MI
VSG on 05/07/12
Thats AMAZING!!!!
Pre op diet 224
Surgery day 212
month 1 to 2 i lost 9.6 pounds
month 2 to 3 i lost 7 pounds
month 3 to 4 i lost 6.2

happiegirl
on 5/18/12 10:49 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
This is an amazing NSV...I love it! How great is it that you get to be catalyst for change?

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Ashley O.
on 5/18/12 11:27 am
Agreed. Haha it's amazing.

~

~

bluemems
on 5/18/12 10:51 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
bluemems
on 5/18/12 10:53 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
Great story.  I'm hoping that my healthier eating will also help my husband as well as continue to teach my daughter to eat healthy so she never has to go through what I did for so many years.

SassyItalian
on 5/18/12 11:10 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
so awesome, positive changes for the whole family! really happy for all of you.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Marabell
on 5/18/12 11:16 am
VSG on 06/07/12
OH! what a beautiful thing that is! that is what its all about hon...

I have to say that you always impress me Ashley...you seem to have such a good head on your shoulders...

Ashley O.
on 5/18/12 11:25 am

(:

Thanks.

~

~

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views