INSURANCE APPROVED in ONE DAY!

SLEEVEPLEAZE_2012
on 6/2/12 2:04 pm
VSG on 06/18/12
 IN 2008 I had a band removed in MEXICO as I attempted to get a revision to a SLEEVE! Because of scaring and slippage, i was unable to at that time. I have since GAINED ALL MY WEIGHT BACK.. (after having lost 85 pounds) and more.  LAST month.. i began to feel my legs starting to ache as walking became painful.  I knew I had gone too far.  The once active life i used to enjoy was gone.  I made an appt at WHC in DC and walked in to the office with ALL MY PAPERWORK....Went through the hospitals nutritionist and upper GI STUDY,, and after having my paperwork sit on the desk of some clerk who didnt have a CLUE.. They submitted it to BCBS on THURSDAY right after lunch.  ON FRIDAY right before the office closed, they called with an APPROVAL!!!  

This weekend is going to feel LONG! As on monday i get to call and get my SURGERY DATE!   

I had lost all hope when i left Mexico 4 years ago.. ... for the first time in 4 years, i am beginning to feel hopeful about being able to meet my health goals.... 

ANY words of encouragement, experience, etc are welcomed... 

I will keep using this forum as it was there for me 4 years ago.. and i am glad that it still exists to be here for me now.. 
 "FINALLY...... on my way"    
kaniac
on 6/2/12 11:30 pm - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
My insurance approved that quickly as well. I truely feel sorry for those who have to jump through a million hoops first. If WLS was approved faster, patients would have a lower amount of claims for co-morbitities to worry about

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

Tracasa
on 6/3/12 3:43 am
Congratulations my turn around time was short also 2 months. How excited you must be keep us posted and welcome back.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views