GNC Lean Shake

kam0520
on 6/3/12 1:15 am - AL
Has anyone else tried the GNC Lean Shake?  My husband and I stopped in there yesterday and bought 2 of the 4-pack ready to drink shakes.  This morning we tried the Strawberry and it is AWESOME!!  It taste very similar to the Nestle Quik Strawberry milk.  

One bottle of the Strawberry has 170 calories, 25 protein, 6 carbs, and I think it was 3 fiber. 

He and I split a bottle this morning to try it.  It was very filling.  We bought a chocolate too but have yet to try it.  

They're a little more than the other RTD shakes we have bought, but the taste is so much better.  Just thought I'd share!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Pobearsam7
on 6/3/12 1:52 am
I use them now. I also use the powder too but the powder has 17 carbs for every 2 scoops. The ones that you have are good and not as thick as the powder.
julesGA
on 6/3/12 2:04 am - Brunswick, GA
 I like the chocolate ones. I just wish I didn't hate the GNC here. LOL

justeric78
on 6/3/12 2:37 am - Houston, TX
I use the lean muscle GNC packets that I think Sam was referring to. i use half a packet with a cup of almond milk. I think they are like 7 net and it comes out to like 170 calories. only protein shake I'm not sick of halfway through the container. most are so sickly sweet.

Mom4Jazz
on 6/3/12 3:32 am
My absolute favorite ready-to-drink shake. I mostly use powders for budgetary reasons, but the chocolate and strawberry Lean Shakes are great for road trips and such for me.

I like that they have fiber and some vitamins, more like a meal replacement than just a protein supplement. And the taste is by far the best.

Sneaky little trick for you: in addition to the "Lean Shakes" (which are packaged to market to folks on a diet) GNC has some shakes in red and black packaging - same packaging, same bottles and...same shakes! Exactly the same (read the labels). They're just packaged to market to body-builders. I point this out because for some reason GNC has those on sale sometimes when the Lean Shakes aren't.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 6/3/12 1:31 pm
Funny you mention the red and black packaging.  I asked about those.  I was told that they are the same,  It just that some men didn't like the "cutesy" packaging of the Lean Shakes, thus the different red and black packaging to appeal to the men, LOL! 
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

fit2lose
on 6/3/12 3:34 am - MN
VSG on 05/07/12
Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to go try those out.
disneybound
on 6/3/12 3:54 am
VSG on 05/30/12
 I got two cases of the Swiss Chocolate for my pre-op and post op liquid phase.  Currently I am post-op day 4 and I have finished one case.  The swiss chocolate reminds me of the chocolate puddings that were in the metal containers (I think they were the Hunt's brand).  I was thinking about getting another flavor and since you said the strawberry taste like the Quik I think I will be headed there today to get a case of it.  Thanks for the strawberry heads up!!

M1-32 M2-18
A911Angel
on 6/3/12 4:01 am
 Those are the only ones I buy.  The vanilla is my fav!!
Holly

moringdawn
on 6/3/12 6:35 am
VSG on 07/11/12
 I use all 3 strawberry, choc and villa! That is what I will be drinking for my pre-op diet for 2 weeks! I can have 5 shakes a day. I live in Michigan and the GNC lean shake are buy one and get one 1/2 off for June.  The vanilla to me is sweet so I will drink that one when I need something sweet. GNC lean shakes are very good!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views