Still Throwing Up

peachypatty
on 6/11/12 12:36 am
Its been 4 weeks since I've had surgery, I'm on regular food and even if I chew my food well and eat VERY slowly I still throw up once and a while--is this normal? 

Angel1974
on 6/11/12 12:41 am
VSG on 06/04/12
 i dont think that is normal. Have you told your doctor?

I am a week out and throw up once I called my doctor and he told me that if i did again, I had to go to his office ASAP.  You can cause a leak from the force of throwing up. 

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

peachypatty
on 6/11/12 12:54 am
 Thanks, I'll give him a call!  I guess better to be safe than sorry!

USAF Wife
on 6/11/12 1:03 am
Normal? No.

But, it happens when food is introduced too quickly, even though we're released for specific 'stage' of food doesn't mean your stomach is going to accept it. Chewing well doesn't change that specific factor.

Food intolerances are common early out. Your stomach has no idea what you've done it, and simply trying to work "right". Unfortunately, 4 weeks out is no where near time enough for your stomach to know what to do.

I'd call the doc discuss it with them. I was still on liquids at 4 weeks, mushies at 6 weeks, and soft foods after that, I didn't even introduce true solids until 2.5 months out. It was well past 3 months before I could remotely "eat" solid meal.

Not saying it's "bad/wrong" to eat regular food. But, your body is telling you it's not okay.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

peachypatty
on 6/11/12 1:17 am
 Thanks!  I have a call into my doctor--I have a feeling he will say what you are saying because I really have no problem with yogurt and other "soft" foods.  I appreciate your response, again thank you!!

Mom78
on 6/11/12 7:59 am
VSG on 02/10/12
I agree, call your doctor.

My plan said to go back to the previous stage if you can't tolerate the solid foods.  I didn't try solid foods until closer to 6 weeks.
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

Kevin H.
on 6/11/12 2:17 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Indeed .. at 4.5 months out, I still have a hard time with any tough or dry meat.  Even moist meat in a sauce or gravy type of thing is still hard to digest.  My sleeve likes soft wet food for sure.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views