Started mushies....

Chubbychic77
on 6/13/12 12:00 am - NJ
VSG on 05/30/12 with
 I'm not hungry. I don't feel like eating. Not to mention, the food that they are suggesting I eat is strange to me. Like pastina and mashed potatoes. Don't get me wrong, I like mashed and 
 pastina, but after reading what everyone eats on this forum, it seems like I would be doing the opposite of what I'm supposed to do. And again, I'm just not hungry. Should I force myself to eat? Yesterday was my first day of mushies and I had about 2 heaping tablespoons of mashed potatoes and about a teaspoon of creamed spinach. Felt guilty afterwards.  

slatond
on 6/13/12 12:23 am, edited 6/13/12 12:23 am
Can't wait to hear the responses you get. I was sleeved 5/28 and wondering the same thing.
Esp., since I did Atkins for pre-op so this really seems "opposite" of what I should do as far as soft suggestions.

However, I am hungry somedays and ready for soft foods. I did try egg salad last night. It definitely felt different than the liquid.

Chubbychic77
on 6/13/12 12:26 am - NJ
VSG on 05/30/12 with
 Hi! I can't wait to hear what responses we get either. I'm really wondering about this. Let's see what our fellow OH friends say. 

Desari63
on 6/13/12 6:51 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Well since the sleeve removes the part of the stomach that tells you you're hungry, it's not hungry you're feeling..it's your head telling you "hey, we haven't had any food so feed me". We have always relied on our tummys to tell us we're hungry but since they can't tell us, the brain is doing it. You're not really hungry (I still have to force myself to eat sometimes because I'm not hungry) but we need the nutrients. As for mushy foods, I started with refried beans mixed with a little cheese to make them creamier and easier to go down. Potatoes...okay but not alot of them because you want 4x more protein then carbs anyway. Steamed veggies are great if you like them..if not then just go back to soups and your protein shakes until you hit the next level. There is nothing to feel guilty.

Nothing is really forbidden..just be good to the tummy and it will be good to you and follow your dr's plan..and use good judgement.

Barbara McKeown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 312 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views