HI!

starry957
on 6/14/12 1:21 pm
Hi again!  Been gone for a few days....I may have already asked this here, but I'm making some comparisons...
I'm looking for opinions/info/facts....from whomever is comfortable sharing....what made you choose vsg over DS?  Were there reasons, in particular?  I'm trying to figure a few more things out on my end here...
Thanks for your help!

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Rachel G.
on 6/14/12 2:09 pm
VSG on 04/06/12
The more important question, IMO, is what do YOU think are the benefits of each type of surgery and what are u looking to achieve and what are u willing to go thru/give up to get there? I wanted a "normal" lifestyle as far as diet goes, limiting quantity v's quality. I do not think being restricted from too many foods is healthy for me, mentally OR physically. I needed the restriction in portion sizes, and I still limit my diet but it's by choice that I do not eat the cakes or chips n crap. But, on special occasions I would like to indulge in a special treat without rushing to the restroom due to dumping. Like I said it only one woman's opinion, but it works for me. I LOOOVE my sleeve

danzeppelin
on 6/14/12 2:39 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
Very good answer Rachel. To me it was a very simple decision... I haven't had surgery yet, but was sold on the VSG a long time ago. My research showed me that it simply made sense to restrict intake and not mess with output so much... I mean the band is restrictive but in a constrictive kind of way...which again, don't make sense when dealing with organs.
Sure it's radical, which is why you should be absolutely sure, informed, and committed to a life changing...and I mean in a big way, life changing move.
starry957
on 6/14/12 9:50 pm
I feel pretty sold on VSG as well, and, when I posted on the DS forum, about the comparison, it seemed that people with DS were happy about the malabsorption because even if they ate "badly" - the body would get rid of it.....I agree that I feel like messing up with how the body operates would be more risky.  I generally feel like, my issues are more about sitting and "gorging" on a whole lot of crappy food at one time - which the sleeve would best address....I "think" I'm on the right track....I hope so...lol

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views