Adjusted my goal weight

Nadurra Deb
on 6/20/12 1:52 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I had my goal weight set at 140. After talking to my dr and seeing how successful this surgery has been for others, I have decided that 130 is not an unreasonable goal weight for me. For my height (5'5") and bone structure anywhere from 125-140 lbs is considered "normal." The last time I was truely comfortable with my weight was in college at 130 lbs. So that's what I'm going for!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Shagdoll
on 6/20/12 1:55 am
Hi Debbie,
I am 5'5 too and I just decided yesterday to change my goal weight too. It was a little depressing for me since it was nice to think I was only 11 pounds to goal... now it's 21 pounds. Oh well. I guess I just need to look on the bright side with how far I've come.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

BigDaddysLittleMomm
a

on 6/20/12 2:00 am - Bryan, TX
At my last DR appt, he told me that my goal weight should be between 125 and 140...and I'm thinking that's too low since I'm 5'7".  Thoughts?
Don't reward yourself with food - you're not a dog!    
INgirl
on 6/20/12 2:08 am
I'm 5'7" as well, today I got to 139 and change, with a little still left to go.. You'll know when you get closer- it's going to depend so much on your bone structure, muscles, and all that. 130 on my frame may look great, 145 on someone with thicker bones and more muscles may look great on them. I'd look into BF% as a good way to gauge it when you get close.. I'm in the mid 20's now, looking for low 20's.
Shagdoll
on 6/20/12 2:28 am
 According to the BMI chart, you hit the normal range at 159 for someone at your height.  But I agree with InGirl, it might just depend on what you feel comfortable with when you get there.  I dot know if I want to weigh 130 like I did when I was 19 but maybe I just gotta wait & see too.
Best of luck to you in your journey ;-)

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Nadurra Deb
on 6/20/12 5:21 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I remember 130 being the weight I was most comfortable at...once upon a time. I had gotten down to 125 a couple of times as an adult and that seemed too low and was rather hard to maintain. I figure if that weight worked for me before, it should work again. 

Debbie          

Nadurra Deb
on 6/20/12 4:10 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
The dream is one thing...the reality and living it is totally another. I know you will get to that new goal weight. It's really kind of fun to think that new goal weight is actually achieveable! I would imagine that last 21 lbs is the hardest and comes off much slower. I can't wait to be where you are.

Debbie          

Shagdoll
on 6/20/12 4:35 am
 You will get there!  ;-)

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Krazydoglady
on 6/20/12 2:40 am - FL
It's al going to depend on how much lean mass you maintain.  I'm 5'2 1/4, and my body fat % is 21-22% at 128-130lbs.  I have a good bit of muscle and good bone density, but not a particularly large frame.  I wear a size 2-4, small or extra small,  in most things with a 25" waist and a 35" hips. 

I have been doing strength training since 3 months post-op to  maintain my lean mass.  I lost about 5lbs lean during the first 9 months of weightlos, but  have gained 3 or so back since then, much of it in maintenance.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Nadurra Deb
on 6/20/12 5:46 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I'm actually exactly 5'4.5"...it just sounds better to say 5'5" LOL

I hope to get a scale that measures body fat and muscle fat too. I want to have more than a scale to make sure I keep track of things like lean muscle mass.

Debbie          

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views