Scared

Chubbychic77
on 6/26/12 9:36 am - NJ
VSG on 05/30/12 with
 I am 4weeks out tomorrow. For the first 3 1/2 weeks I never felt hungry. Now all of a sudden I feel hunger. Not sure if it's real hunger or head hunger but I'm pretty sure it's real hunger. I have heard so many of you on here say that you never felt real hunger until 7,8,9 months out. I'm scared that I'm going to overeat or eat the wrong thing because I love food and feeling hungry makes me crazy. Not to mention, I only lost 2 pounds this past week (30 so far). I feel failure coming already. The weight loss has slowed down significantly and now I have hunger. Scary combination. Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Pkrplyr777
on 6/26/12 9:43 am - CT
If you are on solid foods now, eat your protein (meats) first. That will fill you up for quite a while and curb any hunger (head or otherwise) for a while.

It changes up a bit as you progress through your journey.
don't panic just make good choices as you move through.

cheers
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
lucy2e
on 6/26/12 9:45 am - Laurel, MD
Take a deep breath.  You a NOT a failure.  The slow down is caused by the classic 3 week stall - no worries.  If you are following your program, you will loose again in no time!

If you are feeling hunger, make sure you are taking a PPI.  Acid reflux can feel like hunger.

Just stick with your program - you are gonna do great! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Chubbychic77
on 6/26/12 9:56 am - NJ
VSG on 05/30/12 with
 Thanks so much for your input. I'm going to ask my surgeon about a ppi. Hopefully that will help. Also, thanks for pointing out the 3week stall thing. I guess that's where I'm at right now. 

Kevin H.
on 6/26/12 9:49 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Weight loss is going to slow down.  The first month is always the biggest loss month because your not eating hardly anything as your healing.  Once you start on regular diet your not going to loose 30 lbs in 1 month like your used to.  Not without doing 7 hour a day workouts in the gym anyway LOL.

I too thought I was not supposed to be hungry but found out that this just isn't true.  It might be for a select few lucky folks but I really think the honest majority of people do get hungry.  I sure did and still do.  There isn't anything to be scared of .. from what I'm reading from you .. you are perfectly normal.  It's just not what you "thought" was supposed to be normal.

As far as your hunger, a big part of that for me was acid production which started 2 weeks post op.  As you may have read here, acid can and does mimic hunger pains.   It took me 3 different Rx before I found one that worked for me.  After I found Dexilant and tried that my hunger got much better though didn't completely go away.

Sounds like your doing fabulous so far and completely normal post op experience.  Best of luck to you!

Chubbychic77
on 6/26/12 10:02 am - NJ
VSG on 05/30/12 with
 Wow Kevin! Thanks for the awesome input. Greatly appreciated. I'm going to ask my dr about a ppi. I'm hoping that's part of the problem. You are an inspiration to me. You have done so awesome on your WL journey! 

Ps-in a recent post regarding divorce and relationships, you commented upon your own situation. Just wanted to tell you that your turn for finding a fulfilling relationship is just around the corner....you seem like such a nice guy and you're adorable! 

Thanks again. 

Kevin H.
on 6/26/12 10:09 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Thank you .. thats very sweet of you to say 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op