4 days post op- hate pills!

NewMe2Be72
on 6/30/12 3:06 pm - CO
How long did it take any of you to not have problems swallowing pills? I have even cut them up.. It is drinking the 1 oz of water to swallow .. end up having 2 and my sleeve does not like itI!
Mom78
on 6/30/12 3:16 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
Sorry to hear your tummy doesn't like it!  I still have to take chewable vitamins and calcium becuase I can't swallow them.  Caps are easier now though...

Can you get any of it in chewables?
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

NewMe2Be72
on 6/30/12 3:24 pm - CO
my  vitamins are chewable but, my pain pills and blood pressure pills arent and I already made the mistake of crushing the blood pressure pills ... it was aweful ... maybe when I get to a stage where I can have pudding and add the crushed pills to it.  I hope that it doesnt take long before I can tolerate swallowing them.
Mom78
on 6/30/12 3:27 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
Oh ya, I'm sure it was disgusting. Maybe your doc can give you liquid pain meds?  Mine gave me oxycontin, they were tiny pills but I only took one and then changed to liquid tylenol. 

Good luck, maybe a few days will make a difference.
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

NewMe2Be72
on 6/30/12 3:39 pm - CO
I hope a few days does make a difference, thanks Mom78 :)
Aca-Verity
on 6/30/12 4:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12
For my "meds" in general, I've had no probs but, those awful (horse pill size!) Calcium Citrate  ones were tough.....until I started disolving them in a bit of boiled water sweetened w/MIO
......works GREAT!!   I think the warm water eases my sleeve.

Verity

Most Active