Three Weeks Out Questions

jenngirl
on 7/16/12 1:57 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Okay two questions, they may be related. I am 3 wks out. My weight loss has been at a stand still for several days now. But I am also not able to go to the bathroom (TMI, I know). It is not that I CAN'T go. I don't ever feel like I HAVE to. Is this normal? My doctor's office told me to take MOM or miralax. I have tried the miralax, but it is disgusting and only gave me gas. Any ideas or suggestions?
Marabell
on 7/16/12 2:14 am
VSG on 06/07/12
A stall in weight loss is very common at 3weeks...stay on plan and the scale WILL MOVE.
as far as the bathroom issue...
Are you drinking enuff water..I know the minimum of 64 oz would be too hard fight now but are you sip...sip...sipping? All day?
also, try smooth move tea...3 cups a day. Get at fruitful yield or similar ....helps with water intake too!
Or...try a natural vegetable laxative and stool softener (same thing in aforementioned tea).

Good luck

susanlynnf
on 7/16/12 2:32 am
I understand the 3 week stall is not uncommon- I also had the bathroom problem- and the only thing that helped me was Dulcolax- just one tablet, however.
Sue
Jenna V.
on 7/16/12 3:21 am - Guelph, Canada
VSG on 02/15/12
Unfortunately, stalls happen and are quite normal. Your body is still in the healing mode, most likely. Keep doing what you are doing and it will come off.

I have had constipation issues once in a while and when I do, I take Senekot before bed and I always end up going in the morning. Also, I am not sure what you are allowed to eat at this stage but I make sure to eat salad or vegetables everyday as the fibre keeps me regular. If you can, perhaps you should try this?

GOOD LUCK!

Marabell
on 7/16/12 4:09 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Sorry, don't mean to hijack here....but just had to say, Jenna, you are amazing! WOW...you are doing fabulous.

Truly inspiring....

jenngirl
on 7/16/12 5:30 am
VSG on 06/25/12

I must agree! Isn't she awesome??!!!!

morgans
on 7/16/12 4:11 am
VSG on 06/18/12
At 3 weeks out you are not eating enough to need to poop every day. Exercise helps - up your walking as much as you can. Up your fluids too.

But also - Milk of Magnesia. I've taken it twice and it does the trick.

jenngirl
on 7/16/12 5:40 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I appreciate all of the suggestions. I will try to find some of the products mentioned. I will have to go to the mall to walk as it is so hot here. Maybe that will get something "moving". THANKS!!
joyfulaz
on 7/16/12 7:38 am
I am 4 weeks post op and I am in a "stall". It's so nice to read these posts and know that I am not alone. I woke up very depressed about no weight loss in a week!

I live in Arizona and it is very very hot here. I have been walking some at the mall or any place indoors.

I am happy to know that this "stall" won't last forever!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views