Day 3 Liquid diet 12 days left! SMH

MrsD2000
on 7/18/12 5:18 am
VSG on 07/30/12
My surgeon put me on a liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery protein shakes ( baractric advantage) yuck!, water and coffee ( I really don't drink coffee) So needless to say I droped the ball last night and had tuna and crackers for dinner =0( . Today's a new day can't stand the protein shake required by the doctor, anyone have any suggestions of any other shakes that may be comparable?
vogue
on 7/18/12 5:31 am
VSG on 08/30/12
dont you mean day 3, 15 days left?? I mean I know its hard but if you cant make it 15 days straight BEFORE surgery, how do you think you're going to do for WEEKS post surgery??
the point of the liquid diet is to shrink your fatty liver.... its very slippery & pliable.... Is that tuna worth it to make your surgeon's job harder??
MrsD2000
on 7/18/12 5:45 am
VSG on 07/30/12
Thanks for the reply! heck yeah its hard, But it is easier said than done. I know exactly why the surgeon has me on the liquid diet. Just got to take it day by day.

vogue
on 7/18/12 5:55 am
VSG on 08/30/12
On July 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM Pacific Time, MrsD2000 wrote:
Thanks for the reply! heck yeah its hard, But it is easier said than done. I know exactly why the surgeon has me on the liquid diet. Just got to take it day by day.
boy I feel ya...  GOOD LUCK....  despite my surgeon saying I only had to do it 24-48 hours before surgery Ive been doing a few practice runs at it....  Im more of a liquids drinker than foodie anyway ( I could sustain life on OJ & apple cider & never eat food ) so it may be a lil easier for me than you

but I know Im going to have a HARD time with other things I will need to do....  I hope you & others are around to virtually kick my butt when I do...

(((((((((( hugs)))))))))))

MrsD2000
on 7/18/12 8:47 am
VSG on 07/30/12

Thanks! I wouldn't have a problem if it was JUST liquids and I could have anything like apple juice or even sugar free jello. But it is the fact that all I can have is the certain specific type of protein shake that just tastes horrid to me.

Thanks for the kind words, This too shall pass.

beckyinkc
on 7/18/12 11:20 am
VSG on 07/25/12
My surgeon's office recommends Bariatric Fusion ... and it tastes like ****  I told the doctor that I really hated them and wondered if there were others that were OK.  Turns out, he had a whole list of them.  Maybe just call and ask!  

pineview01
on 7/18/12 4:46 pm - Davison, MI
When I was on my two week LD I broke down half way thru.  My cheat was a piece of chicken breast, about 2oz. I chewed and chewed it.  Than spit most of it out.  I just needed to chew. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jayla_love
on 7/18/12 4:49 pm - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
I was on Opti_Fast for 2 weeks before my surgery and hated every min of it.. the shakes were disgusting and by the last day I actually could only finish 1.. stay on it though as my surgeon told me that when he went in my liver was more fatty than he expected.. I lost 30 pounds pre-surgery too (15 of them on the shakes alone) it is tough but you can do it.. I just kept reminding myself that I had all these years to eat whatever I wanted and that was what got me here so I can tolerate 2 weeks of gross shakes... at least after the surgery you get more of a variety of liquids (though it is really hard to drink right now I am 3 days out) stay strong.. you can do this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views