Update & new photos 20 weeks post-op

mjtierra
on 7/27/12 3:00 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Good Morning everyone.. It's been a while since I have posted.. Been on summer vacation..I have been still feeling great. I hit the 4-5 month stall but continued my work out plan and stayed at my 700-800 cal per day meal plan. and it has broke. The big scary "Hair loss" started about 2 weeks ago.. :-( sooo I went out and bought a few cute fedora's.. They work! They came in very handy last week while on vacation.. Let me tell you people loosing some hair (temporarily)  vs my weight & inches loss, I'll take the weight loss by far (63lbs & 32.5 inches). One of the best things that has happenned in this whole process is the effect that it has had on those nearest & dearest to me. They have all started working out and eating healthier. That is so awesome to see.  My workout regime is the gym, hiking & bike riding. On average I work out approx. 4 days a week. no less than 1 hour a day.. 

A big eye opener just recently happened.  I was packing for a 5 day vacation in Rosarito, Mexico. We were taking my husbands Mini Cooper down so I had to pack light. Well, I didn't pack workout clothes.. BIG MISTAKE!! Luckily, between all the girls that came down with us we put together a workout outfit and I was able to workout 3 of the days we were on vacation.. I was so happy!! I've learned my lesson. I will never leave home without a workout outfit, even on vacation. 

Thanks for listening & Keep up all the hard work!! It's sooooo worth it..

Tea
on 7/27/12 3:47 am - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Congrats on your weight loss!!! Keep up the awesome work :)

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

kcquilter
on 7/27/12 4:02 am
Congrats on your successes, I'm like you & will take the hair loss over those extra inches & lbs.

Isn't it great to see the positive way it affects your family. My daughter, 20 yrs old. Has really committed to working out & eating healthier this summer. Plus she always makes sure she has breakfast before heading off to work. Hope this continues when she goes back to college.

Good job on being a positive role model. Keep up the great work.

Bobbie
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/12 4:02 am
Glad everything is going so well for you. Your weight loss is great!

You really have slimmed way down. Your pics from your recent vacation show how much younger and even more beautiful you are without the extra weight. That black straw fedora looks great, btw! 
TSinNC
on 7/27/12 5:14 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Wow! You look great, and I love the fedora!
mjtierra
on 7/27/12 8:30 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thanks everyone.. It's been a journey for sure. It really helps having this website to blog about questions regarding sucesses & failures.. 

Thanks again for the encouragement

lizardcc
on 7/27/12 8:43 am - CA
que guapa! I just want to say you look gorgeous! You were lovely even before, but you look so much younger! congratulations on your success!

HW 271; SW 267; GW 167    
gabriellaz
on 7/27/12 9:24 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
You look great! I love the fedora hats. I believe you and I have the same surgeon, Dr. Fedorka Congrats on your success you are gorgeous!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 114 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 340 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 388 views