Went to ER for Shakes and Shivers

huggers33
on 8/4/12 3:40 pm - Windsor, Canada
Well, day 3 of shakes and shivers and sweating, I gave in and headed to the ER. Was taken in priority 1 because they thought I was having a heart attack. These are the results:

1. EKG normal
2. Blood Sugar 5.2
3. Iron levels normal
4. Liver function normal
5. Gallbladder function normal
6. All other vitamins normal
7. Blood counts normal

End result: a prescription for my ulcer and a shrug of the shoulders, "we don't know why you are so cold and sweaty". They released me with no answer why I am feeling this way. 

Someone on another site thinks it could be dumping, which was my first thought, but I went over everything I ate yesterday, which was not much, mostly just liquids, and nothing would make me dump.  So, again, I sit here and wonder what it could be.
RPick67
on 8/4/12 5:23 pm
VSG on 06/11/13
Just wondering if you have had tempature issues since surgery or if this is all something totally new.  I can only speak for my sister who had DS surgery 9 years ago.....she has had freezing hands and a sweaty nose since surgery.  I think  it has something to do with nerves that run through the stomach/abdominal area.......especially the vagus nerve.  I'm not a dr. or a scientist but I have read quite a bit and temperature issues - cold/sweating are not uncommon after surgery.  I would think as far out as you are you would have noticed some irregularities in this area before now though.  Hope you find what the problem is.  Best wishes.

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

huggers33
on 8/5/12 1:16 pm - Windsor, Canada
I have had cold spells since surgery, but not like this.  I literally wake up in the middle of the night, when the temp in my room is over 80 shivering, under 3 comforters and a wool blanket.
I will have to see if they can check the nerves, because it is getting crazy waking up in the middle of the night and taking hours to stop shaking, taking a shower every 3 hours because I'm sweating, and not being able to do much because of the shaking and sweating.
I'm sure I will get an answer some day. 
Most Active