Hair Loss Products

ace30927
on 8/6/12 4:39 am - MD
Hi Everyone!
I posted about a week or so ago that my best friend who is a hairstylst had given me some producst that had stopped my thinning hair- I promised to post them up here, however my internet went down and is finally back up and running today-
She gave them to me befored I had surgery, and has delt with several clients that have thin hair for various reasons-Mine was already thin before surgery so she wanted to help ensure the loss I encurr with surgery was minimal. I saw her a month out from surgery and at that time I had been using the products for about a month before my surgery. She said that she has never seen my hair so thick and i do concur. The hairloss I had before is no where near where it was and so far she said that my scalp looked really healthy. It's a four part system- It is expensive from what I know- She gets it for me so it's discounted. Here we go! I hope this helps everyone.

It's Bosley Professional
Bos*Revive Shampoo and Conditioner ( I use it for color treated hair)
Then there is a Bosely Revive Foam thick treatment
and finally Bosely Healthy Hair Follicle Energizer.
My cousin is a hairstylist too and totally stands by it as well. I know everyone is different, but it has worked for me so far. :) 

kitsyb
on 8/6/12 4:57 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
When did you have your surgery?  I didn't start losing my hair until about 4 months out.  I am 6 months out and it is just now starting to subside.  I have been taking biotin and zinc and use a special shampoo and conditioner from a beauty supply company.  Nothing has worked for me so far.  I am seeing a lot of new hair growth in its place but it is so thin and stringy right now along the hairline, temples and crown.  No one notices but my hairdresser and me which is a good thang!!!

ace30927
on 8/6/12 5:00 am - MD
I know folks say it starts about 4 months out- I am only two months...but am trying to be as proactive as I can, but am basing what I have said off of her experiences with other WLS folks she works for. I tried the Biotin thing but it made me really nauseated so I quit taking it. I figure it's a small thing to deal with compared to the weight I am losing. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views