FINALLY! I got approved!!!!

Ladybug C.
on 8/22/12 8:13 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
I began the insuranvce process in Janurary of this year. I was denied by both my primary (Aetna) and my second insurance. After months of supplying documents and going into a second level appeal with both companys, I finally got APPROVED!!!

Now I'm nervous as all HELL!!!  My surgery date has been set for Oct. 18..Im looking forward to a healthier, better looking me.....BUT WHY AM I SO NERVOUS???

Looking forward to the new ME!       
Bf516
on 8/22/12 8:15 pm
Congrats!!!

Nerves are part of the natural course
Ladybug C.
on 8/22/12 8:24 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Thanks!!!
buzybee7
on 8/22/12 8:17 pm - Oak Park Heights, MN
VSG on 03/14/13
Sounds like good news!  Does this happen a lot with insurance companies?  I am just getting started with the process and don't really know what to expect.
Ladybug C.
on 8/22/12 8:23 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Thanks....From reading the post of others it seems many haven't had many problems with getting approvals. As I said I have Aetna as my primary and I know they govern many different type plans, but mine would not budge at all...luckily I have a secondary coverage through my husbands job and the rules arent as stiff.....so after 8 months of back and forth, the secondary FINALLY approved me. Which insurance company do you have?
Calking
on 8/22/12 8:24 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
Different people have different experiences with their insurance companies.  I've heard people having a tough fight for approval and I have heard some others with no fight and very easy approval.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Ladybug C.
on 8/22/12 8:27 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Yeah this is true.....We could have the same insurance carrier and if  the language in our policys are different things are so not the same....Ive learned that throughout this process....but I am glad that victory is mine....I think...LOL!
Calking
on 8/22/12 11:24 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
It truly is a great victory.  Given the chance to do it all over again I would.  My surgeon was exceptional and his staff was also exceptional.  I read on here all the people that have varying levels of pain and discomfort following the surgery.  Sometimes it has been due to not only having the VSG but additional procedures like gall bladder removal or hernia repairs.

Then with my process being so pain free I have only credited myself with having a high tolerance for pain.  Of course I have had doctors tell me that I do.  However I realize that my relatively little to no pain was most likely due to the great skill of my surgeon and less so to my higher tolerance for pain.

I am greatful most every day for having had this surgery.  From a point in May 9th (initial weigh in****il only two days ago I have lost 61 pounds.  Again I credit my doctor and the nutritionist with coming up with a post op diet plan that has worked for me.  I would have lost even more at this point but I haven't been as active as I should be ... just being honest.  I am failing at doing exercise which I could likely sit here and list all my justifications but that isnt the point of this response.

My point is that if given the chance to have this surgery, do it.  Don't even hesitate to think you are making a bad choice.  You have done the research.  You have seen the posts on this website. Sure there are some people that have had small issues of one thing or another but overall even with those issues ... they are doing well having gone thorugh this surgery.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Ladybug C.
on 8/23/12 6:04 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Thank you for your post....I am grateful for the oppurtunity...I know it will boast my morale in a big way....Now you get ta exercising Mr.....LOL
danzeppelin
on 8/22/12 9:45 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
Congratulations! The nerves are a .... Well, they're nothing nice to be sure! But handle them and you'll be on the losers bench before ya know it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views