PASSED OUT

Ladybug C.
on 8/30/12 7:24 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
I had so much on my mind yesterday (the surgery, medical clearance...) I just eaten a breakfast sandwich(sausage, egg and cheese on toast)....it made my stomach hurt like hell....I was at work (I work in the field) and when the pain**** I decided to pull over and go into a Barnes and Nobles to use the restroom....Well thank God I did...as soon as I walked into the store. I blacked out and I remember nothing after that...next thing I knew there was a lady standing over me who was saying that shes a nurse and that she was going to take care of me....SUCH A SCARY EXPERIENCE! long story short is ...I was taken to the ER where they told me I aggravated my Vagus Nerve and fainted...upon further research I found that I experienced every last one of the symptoms associated with aggravation to that nerve....the number one thing listed was "emotional stress" I'm still a bit shaken, BUT I'm doing ok...

Has this ever happened to any of you?
prairie-dog-girl
on 8/30/12 7:39 pm
Yes,when I was under a great deal of stress a few years ago,I passed out twicein a few days.Once at home and came too quickly.Once at work,did not come to quickly, and co-workers took me to ER, embarassing.
Allie A.
on 8/30/12 9:40 pm - Canada
I've heard of this nerve causing your body to just shut down. Not in like a dying way, in a consciousness way. You're lucky you were out of your car, and that someone was around.
happyteacher
on 8/31/12 5:43 am
 I am so glad you pulled over!  Try to burn into your brain what you felt like just prior to passing out so you will recognize it in time again if it were to happen.  Great job listening to your body!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active