Day surgery

lgm
on 9/11/12 6:58 pm

Hi, I am having surgery on Oct. 3. 
I am to go in early morning and discharged the same day.
Has anyone had a similar experience??

toniosmom
on 9/11/12 7:38 pm
I stayed overnight and had the leak test the next morning.  However, I felt pretty good the night before and if I had to go home that night, I might have been fine with it because I was walking around a lot that night.  I'm glad I stayed overnight, though.  

lisa2job
on 9/11/12 7:57 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
they kept me overnight just to make sure everything was ok,  I also could of went home if I had to but they released me first thing in the am as soon as the Doctor came
Tgrayer1
on 9/11/12 8:45 pm - SC
 I was in the hospital a couple of days & I'm thankful for it as well as my husband. My surgery was on monday & i was released on thursday. They did the leak test the next morning & the dr wanted my liquid intake to be up before release. I guess it depends on your dr & plan.
Allie A.
on 9/11/12 10:10 pm - Canada
I was scheduled to stay 2 nights, ended up staying 3 under 24hr care. I wasn't high risk, just the common practice in my surgeons hospital wing.

I can't imagine how horrible it would have been if I went home the same day. On day two I fainted trying to get up to pee. The surgeon said it was probably due to blood loss, and ordered 2 units of blood. Then I had a fever for a day and a half from the blood transfusion, and was in even more pain. If I was at home, it would have been a huge ordeal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views