Almost 1 year later

melissamarsh77
on 9/12/12 9:46 am
It's now been almost a year since my surgery. I'm down 76 pounds and 5 dress sizes, but that's not the best part. It's how I feel, and that is fabulous! I've been down this road before with Weigh****chers, I lost 110 pounds (which I gained back…) but I don't remember feeling this good physically and mentally. I don't feel deprived, I stop eating when I'm full and am happy with that. This past Sunday I had a third of a raspberry-filled chocolate cupcake with raspberry butter cream frosting and gave the rest to my husband – and was secretly thrilled with myself.   Medically, I no longer have metabolic syndrome, no more sleep apnea; my cholesterol is normal, my feet don't hurt, my knees don't hurt.    Lest you think me a goody two-shoes, you should know that although I eat whatever I want, there are a few things I have chosen to give up, for the most part. I don't eat pasta, not even the good-for-you kind. I rarely eat bread – unless it's fabulous, famous, or completely unavoidable. Chocolate is no longer part of my life. This is not to say I won't or don't ever have these things, but I don't buy them and they're not in my house so they can't sing to me.   What's different this time versus diets in the past? First, this isn't a diet, it's my life. This is my choice, not a program direction. How can I feel deprived if it was MY choice to give these things up.

MuttLover
on 9/12/12 7:35 pm
VSG on 11/14/12
 Congrats on your success!  Thanks for giving us newbies some inspiration!

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/12 7:37 pm
 Glad you are doing so well and feeling so great! That's really awesome!
ladybuglv
on 9/12/12 7:54 pm - NV
That's great! Thank you so much for your update and wish you continued success.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views