Gallbladder going bad.

seekingslimness
on 9/21/12 3:36 pm
VSG on 02/24/12
Ok, so they found stones in my gallbladder 3 weeks ago when I went in for my 6 month visit.  I have been have slight soreness on my right upper side just under the ribs.  Last thursday I had severe pain and nausea so I went to the ER, gallbladder attack of course.  I am trying to hold off having surgery until January but I don't know if I can wait that long.  Who else has had gallbladder problems, were you able to wait a little while to have surgery?  If nothing else I should lose a pound or two when the thing finally does come out!
   NIKKI

Liza180
on 9/21/12 3:56 pm
I'm three weeks out, but they have me taking medicine for it for 6 months after the surgery. The gallbladder doesn't seem to important, but if you start to have a fever, you should get in and get it out. I had a friend who did the R/Y and he almost died because of it so its nothing to play around with. Why do you want to wait? If you've paid anything towards your deductible this year, it will be cheaper then waiting till Jan, right?
Stephanie M.
on 9/21/12 3:58 pm, edited 9/20/12 8:59 pm

Mine went bad last year and I was told it had to come out ASAP. My bariatric surgeon did it and it was a cakewalk. After 10 days or so I felt 100%. Bad news on the anticipated weight loss from getting it out...it only weighs a few ounces.

Edited due to HTML #2' odd spell check function...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

band2sleeve_2012
on 9/21/12 4:43 pm

I am scheduled for gallbladder removal on Oct 9th. 

Found two stones nearly 2 centimeters in size.  No attacks yet but best to get it out now. 

5'6"     HW+SW 300      CW 214      GW 170 
                                        Lap Band Removed 1/16/2012  Sleeved 4/24/2012          

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 9/21/12 6:20 pm - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Mine out 2wks ago. If you wait and have it out as an emergency procedure, with it angry, infected and inflamed, you may need an "open" procedure. Do yourself a favor and have it out on your own terms but soon, and it can be done laparoscopically and with much less risk and easier recovery.

Mine was no cakewalk, took me a minute to bounce back (I'm 5mo postop) but the attacks were excruciating! Glad it's gone, good riddance!

newme2011-2012
on 9/21/12 10:59 pm
HAd mine out the same day as surgery for VSG. I had , had several attacks in the past and wanted it to go!!
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Debbie R.
on 9/22/12 10:55 am - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12
I still have mine, but had almost weekly attacks before surgery & since I changed my way of eating no problems, but I had a hiatal hernia so that my have helped with the frequency of the attacks don't know. Good luck with your decision!

AdeanaMarie
on 9/25/12 2:47 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Yep, I am having the same issues. Especially if I eat anything higher in fat, bacon, sausage, pork rinds, that sort of thing. Pain in my upper ribs, both sides. It is a killer when an attack comes. I am holding out. Just not ready for another surgery yet. But if the pain gets bad again, I am heading in and having it out. Hope you can have yours out soon or that the pain just goes away. FYI, I had these same pains before surgery, but just was not in tune with my body enough to realize what the pain was. So I do not think mine is related to my VSG, other than I pay more attention to what my body is telling me. I had so many other aches and pains at my highest weight, I did not notice some things or just wrote them off as side effects to obesity.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views