Taking this stall personally....

ACBrequelle
on 10/8/12 10:34 pm
Hey everyone.  I'm really discouraged and hoping for some insight from you all.  I had surgery on 7/11.  I have done great and have had a few minor stalls.  Two weekends ago I gained 2 lbs.  I think God is punishing me for having a sliver of cake and ice cream that weekend. And I mean sliver!  Anyway, I have been stuck for 2 weeks now.  I have continued to work out 3x a week and eat right but it wont budge.  

It's VERY personal for me at this stange because no matter what diet I have EVER done I have NEVER been able to get below 203.  NEVER!  I 've been sitting at 206 for 2 weeks now and feeling like this surgery was just another failed attempt.  

I keep thinking I must be doings something wrong but a friend that had the VSG a year ago said "even if you're doing a lot of things wrong...at 3 months out your weight loss is no where near over."  
I can't pinpoint anything I'm doing wrong and to be quite honest, my huband watches everything I put in my mouth so he would notice!

Please tell me this isn't over and i'm not "broken."  :(  

lisa agathangelou
on 10/8/12 10:52 pm - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
Im not at a stall yet but I have read many posts and replys like this.. What I got from it was to increase your water and protein intake. WHile doing that you will be fuller longer and be able to burn more fat! I know its frustrating because I used to exercise and gain weight ;( Keep your head up and continue with a positive attitude andsoon enough im sure you will break your plateau

juddfan1974
on 10/8/12 11:27 pm - TN
VSG on 07/02/12
I feel your pain. I had my surgery on 7/2 and things were going great then I hit the dreaded stall. I was really happy I am only a few pounds short of being halfway to my goal weight at just a little over 3 months out. So on that note I should be happy and I am...mostly. However, I have been in a stall for about 3 weeks. I loose a couple of pounds and gain a couple of pounds then I lose a couple of pounds and gain a couple of pounds. I am exercising 5-6 days a week and keeping close tabs on my diet. I know this is normal and everyone experinces this to some level. Everybody just says stick with it and it will pass. On one hand I know that this is just something that happens, but this little voice keeps saying what if its over. What if this is it and you dont lose any more? What if I am doing something wrong and just dont' realize it.

Angel1974
on 10/8/12 11:33 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
 OK sweetie, first thing first.  BIG BREATHE!! second you are not broken.  

We all hit stalls this is a normal thing,  My first stall i didn't freak out because I was waiting for it the second one surprise the heck out of me.  I was at the same weight for two weeks. 

Here is what i did to get out of that stall.  I looked, REALLY looked at what i was eating and then I modified my intake, I noticed that I was taking in a lot of carbs and then I changed my work out routine.  The body get used to the same work out.  

Mix it up a little bit.  Take a spinning class or a Zumba class or a step class.  Go for a hike take your bike outside and ride like you are doing the tour de France.  LOL  

Please do not be discouraged.  We all have those weeks but trust me YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT!  Trust me.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

desertmom
on 10/9/12 3:04 am - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Hi there.

I was just stuck at 204 pounds for almost 6 weeks.I have also always had a barrier at 200 that I wasnt able to overcome in 15 years.

Then after weeks of being rebellious and thinking how unfair this was and and and...I dropped my calories and doubled my exercises and promptly dropped 5 pounds.

You are not as far out as I am and non of my stalls lasted longer than 10 days in the first 5 months (with big losses just after) so I wold relax and just do the right things all the time and the weight loss will come.

O,and God wouldnt ever punish you for eating a sliver of cake and ice cream,thats not who God is at all.Eating a sliver of cake and ice cream once in a while is normal.the body just reajust after some weight loss before letting go of more.

Good luck and let us know when yo lose again.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views