Gastritis????

JuucyOne
on 10/9/12 7:01 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 02/04/13
I had just came across a topic that made me really curious about something. When I was in the hospital back in March for low platelets, they did an upper GI and seen that I had gastritis. My surgery was scheduled for May at the time, but has been rescheduled for Feb 4th, 6 months after I stopped prednisone.

My question is, shouldn't I get my surgeon to do another endoscopy? Also, does having gastritis keep you from having surgery? The GI doctor said that I'm good to go for surgery, but I can still feel the gastritis from time to time. The surgeon's office said that I don't need to do the endoscopy again, but I don't think they know about the gastritis and I think that I should do another check.

Please let me know what you guys think/know about this....

Thanks!

HW: 397 SW: 370 CW: 285

skinny cat
on 10/9/12 7:36 am
VSG on 01/08/13
 I'm wondering if you saw my post from a few hours ago. I had an endoscopy today and found out I have an ulcer and erosive gastritis. I got a call from the surgeon's office a little bit ago and they said I have to do whatever the GI doc wants and I don't see the surgeon until they are positive is all cleared up, but then I can have the surgery. But the GI doc did say I will probably need another endoscopy in a month or two to make sure everything has healed. If I were you, I would mention the gastritis to your surgeon. While it sucks to have to wait now, its better than having the surgery and having a major problem afterward. Good luck to you. Let us know what the decision is.

JuucyOne
on 10/9/12 8:07 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 02/04/13
Yes, it was your post. I'm just wondering why they wouldn't want to do another one. I'm going to email the director and see what he says. I don't want to get close to the surgery time, and then I'm delayed once again. All the surgeon's office said was that I'd have to re-do blood work and an EKG.

skinny cat
on 10/9/12 9:48 am
VSG on 01/08/13
 Yes, definately mention it. Good luck, keep updating us!

Mom78
on 10/10/12 2:20 am
VSG on 02/10/12

My path report from the part of my stomach they removed showed severe chronic gastritis from possible Hpylori.  So I took the antibiotics and I'm good.

When you say you feel the gastritis from time to time what does that mean?

SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

JuucyOne
on 10/10/12 2:29 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 02/04/13
My doctors were saying that the gastritits is a result of taking prednisone, but I'm not sure about that. When I say I feel the gastritis from time to time, I mean that burning sensation and upset in the stomach, the acid in the throat that wakes me up at night, and the chest pain.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views