Gah! Monday is my Surgery!!

Pinkchickadee
on 10/12/12 6:09 am
 I am nervous/excited/freaking out!  I have today and  tomorrow left of these awful  shakes and then (I never that I would  say this) so  excited to have a  day of  clear fluids!  Any  suggestions on  how to  stay  full on  clear fluids? Any  thoughts on how to stay calm? Any Life savers that you  brought to the  hospital? And words of  wisdom? 

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

2much2do
on 10/12/12 6:13 am
 hi 
I am still waiting for my date but just wanted to say good luck your new life is about to begin
Gabbott3
on 10/12/12 6:35 am
I am three and a half weeks post surgery. I feel very good and very happy that I had my surgery! I didn't particularly like the hospital stay and I had a day where I questioned my sanity on having surgery! This site and all my preparation helped me get through it and I am feeling so good now and have lost 20 lbs. I am glad I had my own pillow in the hospital. I also found my own mouth wash, chapstick, and face wipes helpful. Bring a bathrobe as walking is good after surgery. Good luc****ep reading and talking to people happy that they have made this important decision in their life! I wish you a speedy recovery!
Eula "Evie" R.
on 10/12/12 9:04 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Congs Pink,

I stress with all my heart do what the Dr tells you to do. It will save you a lot of being sick and throwing up. Try as you have this sleeve to make a life change, with your friend food. I  so wish I had done that now I am fighting the food battle again. I do not want to gain my weight back. Exercise as soon as you can.
Enjoy your on board ride, I would do it again in a heart beat. My surgery was not that bad at all. Just tell yourself how you are doing this to live a longer life, feel better, so much more.  I am here if u need to talk. sending you prayers.

God Bless
Evie

Pinkchickadee
on 10/12/12 9:23 am
 Thank you!  I  may need to  take you up on that! Prayers are always appreciated!

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

MuttLover
on 10/12/12 9:17 am
VSG on 11/14/12
 Thinking about you and hoping all the best for you!
hollykim
on 10/12/12 10:26 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
drinking ALL THE TIME is the way to get thru your clear day. Drink as many cups/glasses/bowls of whatever is on your list. Keep something going in all the time.

GL

Addie C.
on 10/12/12 10:41 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
 I am 1wk 5dy out!! It helped to stay busy and just sip on apple jucie or water. Sleep in and go to bed early! Good luck! Start walikg as soon as you can, it really helps! Good luck to you!!

Izabelle G.
on 10/12/12 11:12 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
I have no tips but I'm also getting sleeved on Monday. Good luck!

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

OctoberRosie
on 10/12/12 12:58 pm - Canada
 Hi Pinkchic

Me too I was quite afraid of having surgery, I had never had even a stitch done on me.  My surgery was last Saturday Oct. 6th.  It was not too bad for a first surgery.   You have pain, nausea or whatever medication you need not to be in suffering.

I had a pill to take 45 minutes before surgery to relax me (it knocked me out LOL), The last thing I remember was when the nurse was intalling the needle for the IV.  It was a weird feeling when I woke up and I realized all was finished, my stomach was gone!   I said to myself OH my ! it is gone, they toke it !   As if I haven't told and authorized them to do it, LOL.

After that, all has gone improving and today after 6 days and been able to swallow better and better I don't think anymore 'They toke my stomach !''  I haven't needed any pain killer after the surgery day.  

I brought Gas-X to the hospital, I had difficulty with gas the first 2 days.

It will be OK don't worry. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 77 views