Anyone loose over 100lbs with the vsg?

INgirl
on 10/20/12 4:49 am, edited 10/20/12 4:52 am
You can most definitely lose what you need to, and I wouldn't stress the "honeymoon" period.. I feel the same way about it as Mom4Jazz, it's really about getting the habits and strategies in place during that time.. there's no magic time-period when the VSG stops helping you, and at the same time- the honest truth is that it's a lifetime of work, mostly on you, and it does get harder the further out you get- so keep it in the back of your mind that this is your new life, your new way of eating, moving and living... and make it something that can stick.

Good-better-best-poor, make the best choices/conscious choices you can at every opportunity you can. Putting it in that type of context helps keep things in a better perspective for me, and still keeps me from making poor "diet-mentality" all or nothing swings most of the time- that "I just ate crap, might as well eat ALL the CRAP and start over tomorrow.. followed by "MUST eat nothing but celery and protein drinks for days to lose this regain FAST!" Even keel.. keep things on an even and healthy keel and you will be less likely to sabotage yourself. 

I lost from my day of surgery weight of 264 to 154 within 12 months,155 was my normal BMI goal. I've lost another 18lbs or so (fluctuates) over another 5mo or so? It slows down as you approach a more normal weight, but again- it's not a race.. it's a life-time deal, continue to make sustainable changes in your habits and you will continue to get healthier over time.. and all we have is time!

Pics since you asked, and they do help..

Day before leaving for surgery at 264, and a couple weeks ago some where in the mid-high 130's:

MB_MB
on 10/22/12 8:56 am
You look amazing!!!  MB
cathmac
on 10/21/12 3:13 am
 I lost 120lbs had my surgery on 3/4/11
    Cathy mcquarrie    
happyteacher
on 10/21/12 6:23 am
 You can see the loss breakdown month by month in my ticker.  Once I hit goal i increased cals and decreased exercise- and still lost.  Now it seems I am much closer to my maintence point (about 1600 calories with exercise a few times per week) but won't know for a little more.  I am a stair step loser so it is possible I have loss week coming shortly, but then again maybe not.  Lots of loss came after the 6 month mark and if I maintaned that plan longer I am confident that it woud have continued to lead to loss.  Just keep trying :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

pinkjellybean
on 10/21/12 9:13 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I am 9 months out from surgery and from my highest weight until now I have lost around 190 pounds. My highest weight was 390 but my day of surgery weight was 368.8. I am still losing over 10 pounds per month at this point. I have not had a real stall yet.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

AdeanaMarie
on 10/22/12 4:14 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I am about 7 1/2 months out and still losing steadily.  Got 70 to 80 to go, or so.  I track daily and focus on protein and staying under 1200 calories.  You so can make it to goal.  Tweak your protein level or calorie level.  Up the exercise.  Just change things up and it could break the stall.

Take some pics, you will see the difference.  Your head can play tricks on you.  Don't let it.  You have lost an amazing amount and you can keep losing.  You can do it!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Angiegettinskinny
on 1/27/15 9:50 am - pearl river, LA

Well I noticed this post was from October 2012...Its now 2015...How are you doing? Have you lost more? Your story sounds like what I am going through now..I'm discouraged. :)

happyteacher
on 1/30/15 8:40 am

150 pounds, goal in 8 months

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views