healthy choice greek frozen yogurt

mickeymantle
on 11/8/12 2:42 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I tried this frozen yogurt that I got at Walmart and it was pretty good , a little high in carbs but only 110 cals, I had the blue berry

hollykim
on 11/9/12 2:19 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM Pacific Time, mickeymantle wrote:

I tried this frozen yogurt that I got at Walmart and it was pretty good , a little high in carbs but only 110 cals, I had the blue berry

Did you eat the whole container? a 71 gm container is 3 servings T

100 CALS EACH

cARB 19 GMS

sUGAR 13 GMS

fIBER 1 GM

pROTEIN 4 GMS.

NOW IF YOU ATE THE WHOLE CONTAINER IT WAS

oh sorry for yelling

300 cals

57 carbs

39 gms of sugar

12 gms of protein

3 gms fiber

Sugar is a carb as long as you are giving your body read sugar for fuel,your body won't burn your stored fat for energy.

T

his is how we "eat around our WLS" and don't lose weight

it

would not be a good item for me

GL

SleevedLife
on 11/9/12 3:25 am

Yeah, the stats don't look that great.  Could be worse, I suppose...  If you are in maintenance, this might be O****asionally (if you can work it into your daily requirements, of course.)

But if are in the losing phase of things and you really want ice cream and can't shake it - I would suggest trying a protein ice cream recipe or maybe see if you can get your hands on some Arctic Zero.   The taste may not be as great, but you might find a flavor combo that you like.  :)

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

sleevegirl
on 11/9/12 7:51 am - Austin, TX

I use the single serve Skinny Cow ice cream. Fave is Caramel Cone. I eat half of one of those itty bitty ones when the family is eating their super fattening ice cream. Is it perfect? No, but I say you do what you gotta do... more importantly, make sure it fits into your plan. I only do this like once every other month or so though. I never was a huge ice cream fan so it's not a huge deal, but it's nice to "participate" sometimes.

I know I have 1/2 of a container left and tonight is pizza (toppings for me on chicken) and movie night so I have budgeted for not only the pizza but the rest of that ice cream too :)

Just my philosophy, for whatever that's worth (5 cents with inflation I'd imagine) ;)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/9/12 1:06 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
It's too darned cold here right now to even think about ice cream. However - I can see a Skinny Cow sandwich (or maybe half of one) in my future - maybe next summer - if I can fit it into my plan for the day.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

sleevegirl
on 11/9/12 10:05 pm - Austin, TX

I'm a freak. I only really want ice cream when it's cold. When it's hot, the dairy or whatever just leaves me feel sluggish.

Yeah, I ONLY do it if it can fit into my plan. I have pretty strict rules for myself about that kind of thing. Especially while I'm still losing, but - FOR ME - the key is to be prepared. I know if I don't make a plan for myself when situations like that arise, I'll end up eating a bowl of their ice cream and then beat myself up and spiral down a path I don't need to for a few days. It's easier to eat the 80 calories of caramel cone skinny cow, enjoy every bite and move on. BUT those foods don't trigger me. Other foods do trigger me (white tortillas especially) so I don't eat them at all. LOL

Interestingly enough, I ended the day at 700 calories (100 less than I "allow" daily) and the scale was down 1.8 pounds this morning. LOL. I was wondering where my "whoosh" went, I figured it was gone forever.

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/10/12 12:31 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Mmm... Caramel... I'll have to watch for those. Once I adjust to the cold I might well be interested in having one occasionally.

I'm not sure there are any foods I'd consider triggers,(as in I start eating all sorts of stuff I shouldn't) but there are a few I don't keep in house because I want it ALL. One is caramel popcorn, the other is those tiny cream puffs. I'm quite sad about the popcorn since I discovered that my long time excuse for scarfing it down is wrong. The darned stuff has hardly any fibre at all. Hmph.

I think whooshes, like babies, come when they feel like it.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

sleevegirl
on 11/10/12 2:26 am - Austin, TX

Yup, everyone is so different, I think. I love caramel, I love popcorn, but I detest caramel popcorn. Funny.

But yeah, there's certain things I don't eat at all because it turns on my snack monster and 2 days later I'm looking for Doritoes or something.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views