I need some advice about what I think may be reflux

JodiLynn80
on 11/16/12 1:44 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12

Hi everyone

So I am a month post-op and have been cautious of food. My surgeon informed me I can now eat soft chicken, veggies, fruit (no skins) and now salad. I have been sticking to mashed potatoes, even chili too but lately anything I have comes back up and I don't mean throwing up. I regurgitate it and it's resulting in almost anything I have. I keep burping and it sounds weird but it almost feels like foamy bubbles with the food coming up along with the sharp pain from my stomach. I've been put on Omeprazole 1x a day but it's just not doing it. Any suggestions? Can caffeine be the culprit? I confess I have had some coffee in the morning which I will be stopping.

Thanks!

Jodi
Whitehall, PA

mimij
on 11/16/12 1:52 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Have you told your doctor? I would start there.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Keith L.
on 11/16/12 2:02 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have suffered from acid reflux my whole life and the only thing that helps is Prevacid. Prilosec does not cut it. Zantac works in a pinch but I have to take 4 times the recommended dose (doctor approved of course).

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

nieba
on 11/16/12 2:28 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with

I have had GERD (acid reflux) for the last 5 years and it does sound like you have acid reflux. I would definitely contact your doctor. I never found Prilosec to work for me either. I tried Prevacid but that wasn't doing much for me. So I am on Zegrid (large capsule) that I just got clearance to take last week (10 weeks out). I had to deal with the bubbles and the constant feeling that food and drinks were coming back up, then I would burp.

I also found when I had this problem, laying on my back helped me to eat and drink through it.

Take everything slowly, call your doctor, and Good Luck!

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

dreams2live
on 11/16/12 10:41 am
VSG on 08/21/12

Hey:-)

I had never had acid reflux or any of those symptoms but probably around week 8 I started to just hate food and drink because I would regurgitate it and just had a sour stomach all the time. I was feeling pretty rotten. I told my doctor and we increased the PPI to two times a day. That really seemed to help. Definitely tell your doctor. You don't have to live like that!!

Good luck!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 356 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 403 views