Why do I feel like I need something sweet??

CindyGuice
on 11/27/12 8:42 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

After every meal that I eat except for breakfast I feel like I need something sweet??? It's crazy!!! I use to be the same way before I had surgery but then of course after surgery in the early months sweets made me sick the couple of times I tried them.... now not so much. How can I break this cycle of the feeling? Anyone else experience the same craving? I tried coffee (an hour after eating of course) but then I became a coffee/half & half/splenda addict and now I'm trying to break that after realizing the amount of carbs in splenda , well the amount of carbs in the amount of splenda I was using..lol

lillypie9
on 11/27/12 9:01 am, edited 11/27/12 9:01 am
VSG on 11/02/12

Because sugar and artificial sweeteners can be both physically and psychologically addictive for some people (like me, LOL). Check out Shagdoll's post on giving up artificial sweeteners.

Laci M.
on 11/27/12 9:33 am
VSG on 10/09/12

You know what works for me?  Sugar Free Wether's Original Caramel Coffee hard candy.  One piece is all I need.  

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/12 2:49 pm

Gum works for me.  Sugar free gum will do the trick, so will a sugar free tick tack.  I don' t need it all the time, but sometimes I do and just a tiny bit helps. 

slatond
on 11/27/12 11:07 pm

I use Crystal Ligh****er (30min - 1 hr) after eating. I like the Mango/ Peach (energy). The regular CL gives me headaches but the energy one doesn't -- ODD? But that is artificial sweetener so might not be what you are looking for.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views