day 3 post op

christina88
on 12/3/12 4:24 am
So today is day 3 since surgery and I'm starting to regret doing this. I can't tolerate anything. I take very small sips of water but everytime I do I get nausious. I was able to walk the morning after surgery and don't have too hard of a time doing that other than getting very tired. They gave me a rx for lortab pills which Ibroke into tiny pieces and could not take them. It feels like anything Iput in is gonna come right back up. Not a good feeling at all. I got a new rx for liquid lortab which I'm trying really hard to keep down it tastes horrible. Tried mixing it with juice too but still gross! Hopefully it is just gonna take time and ill get better! I have no clue how to get in the 64 oz of water and 60+ grams of protein on this liquid diet considerring 1 cup of broth only has 2g!
emelar
on 12/3/12 4:34 am - TX

Call your doc and ask for some anti-nausea meds.  Your tummy is swollen and angry right now, and you need to concentrate on liquids.  The protein will come later.  Take a teaspoon or tablespoon and spoon water or broth slowly in your mouth.  Try different temperatures and see what works best. This is your JOB right now - getting the fluids in.  Dehydration is not a good thing, and being dehydrated will make you even more nauseous.  It's a vicious cycle.

Your tummy will heal and the swelling will resolve.  It'll get better.  You just have to hold on to get through this phase.

christina88
on 12/3/12 4:57 am
Thank you, I was hoping its just because its so early on and everything just needs time to heal. The dr told me no cold liquids.warm seem to be ok in small amounts. They gave me some pills for heartburn and told me to take malox but that makes me more nauseous. Can't wait to get past this week and start feeling a little better!
abeautifulday21
on 12/3/12 4:58 am
VSG on 11/26/12
I am a week out and will say tha****er hits my stomach differently. I have been using Crystal Lite Pure and it goes down better. As many folks say on here try different temperatures. Unjury chicken flavored protein as been my go to but it is high in sodium so have upped my fluids because of that. Know that this will pass and we Re all here routing for you!
abeautifulday21    
christina88
on 12/3/12 5:02 am
Thanks! Can you get the unjury in stores or just online?
LDallas
on 12/3/12 9:05 am
VSG on 10/25/12
I think only online. Unjury has their own website. I can buy it at my hospital's pharmacy though.

SW (10/25/12)......303  size 24/26. Age 50

CW: 225  size 14/16

F/5'10"

christina88
on 12/3/12 9:17 am
OK thanks!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views